Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 78

Thread: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

  1. #46
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    10 minute period for OT, first score wins.

    Dake just won 4-2 over Howe about 6 minutes into OT, fantastic match.
    The 10 minutes was just for show, the OT period is endless. I like it, I hope FILA takes notice and adopts it. I prefer USA's rules compared to Russia's mess of adopting just about everything but the two point takedown which was sort of one of the key rule changes.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  2. #47

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Russia made the rules worse, these rules at the american trials are great and should be implemented.

  3. #48

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    The 10 minutes was just for show, the OT period is endless. I like it, I hope FILA takes notice and adopts it. I prefer USA's rules compared to Russia's mess of adopting just about everything but the two point takedown which was sort of one of the key rule changes.

    That's the magic of OT. It makes even a slow paced match exciting. Without the OT rules, this ends as 2-2 criteria (I haven't seen the match yet but I'm asuming one TD each, not very memorable). Then add on 6 minutes of no scoring but, just because it's OT, it's exciting.

    BTW how did Dake score his 3? And am I the only one who thinks he has a legitimate shot at Burroughs?

  4. #49
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    That's the magic of OT. It makes even a slow paced match exciting. Without the OT rules, this ends as 2-2 criteria (I haven't seen the match yet but I'm asuming one TD each, not very memorable). Then add on 6 minutes of no scoring but, just because it's OT, it's exciting.

    BTW how did Dake score his 3? And am I the only one who thinks he has a legitimate shot at Burroughs?
    It was a Crotch throw if I remember correctly. As soon as Taylor shot in I immediately saw the crotch throw get set up. We have been working it a lot with my club team lately. Dake does since his strength is defense and scrambling which counter Burroughs double, and Burroughs has looked beatable lately. But I still think Burroughs wins.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  5. #50

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Jesus, Burroughs just teched Dake in the first. As soon as Burroughs got in on the legs it was over.

    Dake is one of the smartest wrestlers I've ever seen, so I assume he'll make some adjustments, but he has a long way to go before he can compete with Burroughs. Too fast, too strong.

  6. #51

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    he can't use that 3 point stance with burroughs, he just charges through that and uses that latch single too well.

  7. #52

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    he can't use that 3 point stance with burroughs, he just charges through that and uses that latch single too well.
    Agree with that, he'll get teched again if he doesn't change it up.

  8. #53

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Bergman was in total beast mode this tournament, sticks Pendleton in 18 seconds.

  9. #54

    Default Re: US WTT discussion, predictions, and results.

    Damn, 4-4 after one period with Burroughs/Dake, awesome action.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •