Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 28
Discuss 6 weights at the Freestyle & Greco-Roman Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; I've seen grappling tournaments and in my opinion they are pretty boring. They should not ...
  1. #19
    NCAA Champ grecowrestler13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,116

    Default Re: 6 weights

    I've seen grappling tournaments and in my opinion they are pretty boring. They should not put grappling in the Olympics. They should not put any more fighting styles in the Olympics.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

  2. #20
    Round of 12 Lotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: 6 weights

    Quote Originally Posted by grecowrestler13 View Post
    I've seen grappling tournaments and in my opinion they are pretty boring. They should not put grappling in the Olympics. They should not put any more fighting styles in the Olympics.
    Grappling is a style with great emphasis on ground game but isn't boring (no-gi).
    Last edited by Lotta; 07-24-2009 at 11:52 AM.

  3. #21
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Maywood, IL
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: 6 weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Davewrestlingmadman View Post
    I am not bashing Grappling I have nothing against Grappling.

    My opinion is that Grappling should be considered a seperate sport from Freestyle and Greco Roman wrestling.

    I hated how Fila is introducing various fighting styles like Pangration and grappling. In my opinion Fila is expanding tooo much
    They're allying themselves with other forms to give themselves a greater platform through numbers with which to approach the IOC. I'm not saying that these other styles bring much to the table, right or wrong, that is FILA's rationale.

  4. #22
    Round of 12 Lotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: 6 weights

    Grappling (No-Gi and Gi) brings together wrestling takedowns and brazilian jiu jitsu submissions/positions ; it is a style with great emphasis on ground fighting. In Grappling, takedowns ad throws = only 1 point. No-Gi Grappling is fast and isn't boring.
    This style is very complementary to Freestyle and Greco Roman Wrestling.


    Pancrazio athlima in my opinion isn't a combat sport .
    Last edited by Lotta; 07-25-2009 at 05:17 PM.

  5. #23
    Round of 12 Lotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: 6 weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofurky View Post
    They're allying themselves with other forms to give themselves a greater platform through numbers with which to approach the IOC. I'm not saying that these other styles bring much to the table, right or wrong, that is FILA's rationale.

    See 2010 Singapore Youth Olympics :

    - Greco Roman Wrestling
    - Freestyle Wrestling
    - Beach Wrestling
    - Female Wrestling

  6. #24
    DH
    DH is offline
    Administrator DH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,430

    Default Re: 6 weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Davewrestlingmadman View Post
    I am not bashing Grappling I have nothing against Grappling.

    My opinion is that Grappling should be considered a seperate sport from Freestyle and Greco Roman wrestling.

    I hated how Fila is introducing various fighting styles like Pangration and grappling. In my opinion Fila is expanding tooo much
    I really like the fact that FILA is expanding to incorporate other forms of wrestling. Personally, I love grappling.

    But I don't think the issue here is with FILA, it's really the IOC that is capping the number or participants in the Olympics. They let sports like swimming have multiple entrants per country, and in multiple styles (freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly) as well as various distances. So why can't wrestling have freestyle, greco, women, grappling, beach wrestling, and other styles?

    I think the IOC needs to change their policy about capping the number of participants in the Olympic games. Either that, or FILA needs to create its own pinnacle event, like how soccer has a world cup, and be able to have as many weights and as many styles as they want since the IOC wouldn't have control over that.


  7. #25
    Round of 12 Lotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    284

    Sunny Day! Re: 6 weights

    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    I really like the fact that FILA is expanding to incorporate other forms of wrestling. Personally, I love grappling.

    But I don't think the issue here is with FILA, it's really the IOC that is capping the number or participants in the Olympics. They let sports like swimming have multiple entrants per country, and in multiple styles (freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly) as well as various distances. So why can't wrestling have freestyle, greco, women, grappling, beach wrestling, and other styles?

    I think the IOC needs to change their policy about capping the number of participants in the Olympic games. Either that, or FILA needs to create its own pinnacle event, like how soccer has a world cup, and be able to have as many weights and as many styles as they want since the IOC wouldn't have control over that.

    I totally agree.

  8. #26
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Maywood, IL
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: 6 weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotta View Post
    See 2010 Singapore Youth Olympics :

    - Greco Roman Wrestling
    - Freestyle Wrestling
    - Beach Wrestling
    - Female Wrestling
    These things don't take place over night, especially when partnerships are new.

  9. #27
    National Finalist mhs189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Matoaca, Virginia
    Posts
    779

    Default Re: 6 weights

    What FILA is doing is opening competitive combat to more participants. Many people do grappling but not other events that FILA holds, but with FILA adding grappling into their program, more people have the opportunity to showcase their skills
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

user tags

swem styl vlinder

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •