Thread: Did I stunt my growth last summer?

Default Did I stunt my growth last summer?

Im 16 now but last summer when i was 15 my dad got me this trainer at the gym. Well back then I didn't know bullsh*t when I heard it. Now I have more knowledge on weightlifting, and training so I do know bullsh*t when I hear it. This trainer had me doing 400 pushups everyday. 200 pushups and 50 pullups in the morning along with 200 pushups and 50 pull-ups at night.Everyday. However, we were only doing lower-body weight training and very little upper-body weights. It's already a year later and I haven't seen great improvements. I started to lift weights in February regularly about 4-5 days a week but I stopped doing all those pushups everyday. I have had a hard time putting on muscle and lifting heavier weights throughout the past year. Do you think doing those 400 pushups and 100 pullups everyday for about 2-3 months stunted my muscle growth or caused my body harm in the long run?

Default Re: Did I stunt my growth last summer?

not at all, you don't have anything to worry about. gaining mass is really a matter of diet. as long as you prioritize recovery (through nutrition and sleep) even dedicating yourself to a crappy program will yield decent results. that being said, that doesn't mean you should stick to a crappy program. i don't think 400 pushups and 100 pullups is the program you need to put on mass. at the same time, lifting 4-5 times a week isn't the best thing either, especially if you're lifting with high volumes and/or aren't eating and sleeping a lot. if strength and mass is of import, 2-3 fullbody workouts with heavy compund lifts could do it, in addition to whatever other training you're doing.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki
    i think this could help.

if you let us know your exact goals and what you have access to equipment-wise, i think the forum could offer more help, as well.

Default Re: Did I stunt my growth last summer?

no you did not.