Discuss Did I stunt my growth last summer? at the Workout & Training Tips within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Im 16 now but last summer when i was 15 my dad got me this ...
    Redshirt

Default Did I stunt my growth last summer?

Im 16 now but last summer when i was 15 my dad got me this trainer at the gym. Well back then I didn't know bullsh*t when I heard it. Now I have more knowledge on weightlifting, and training so I do know bullsh*t when I hear it. This trainer had me doing 400 pushups everyday. 200 pushups and 50 pullups in the morning along with 200 pushups and 50 pull-ups at night.Everyday. However, we were only doing lower-body weight training and very little upper-body weights. It's already a year later and I haven't seen great improvements. I started to lift weights in February regularly about 4-5 days a week but I stopped doing all those pushups everyday. I have had a hard time putting on muscle and lifting heavier weights throughout the past year. Do you think doing those 400 pushups and 100 pullups everyday for about 2-3 months stunted my muscle growth or caused my body harm in the long run?

Redshirt

Default Re: Did I stunt my growth last summer?

not at all, you don't have anything to worry about. gaining mass is really a matter of diet. as long as you prioritize recovery (through nutrition and sleep) even dedicating yourself to a crappy program will yield decent results. that being said, that doesn't mean you should stick to a crappy program. i don't think 400 pushups and 100 pullups is the program you need to put on mass. at the same time, lifting 4-5 times a week isn't the best thing either, especially if you're lifting with high volumes and/or aren't eating and sleeping a lot. if strength and mass is of import, 2-3 fullbody workouts with heavy compund lifts could do it, in addition to whatever other training you're doing.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki
    i think this could help.

if you let us know your exact goals and what you have access to equipment-wise, i think the forum could offer more help, as well.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Did I stunt my growth last summer?

no you did not.

user tags

did i stunt my growth

do pull ups stunt growth

i stunt 1

pull ups stunt growth

did I stunt my growth by dieting forum

will chinups stunt my growthDoes pull ups stunt growthDoes pull ups stun my growthstunted growth wrestlingpush up stunt growthcan pull ups stunt growthwrestling stunted my growthwill pullups stunt my growthdoes pull ups stunt growth at 14push ups stunt growth200 pushups every day for wrestlerswill push ups stunt my growthhow do know i stunt my growthdo pullups everyday stunt growthHow do i know if i stunt my growthi think i stunted my growthstunt lower body growthi it bad for you to do 100 pushups and 50 pullups everydayi didnt work out for a year did that stunt my growththink i stunt my growthhas wrestling stunt my growthstunted my growthI have neck im 14 did I stunt my growthdid i stunt my growth by dietingwrestling stunts growthwill push ups and pull ups stunt growthcan wrestling stunt the growthwrestling stunt my growthdo push ups stunt growth