Thread: Plyometric workout

Default Plyometric workout

Squat Jumps 3x10
    Squat Tuck Jumps 3x10
    Depth Jumps 3x10

Do this after you run 2 days a week to develope great speed.

Default Re: Plyometric workout

I'm sorry... I don't mean to contradict you but learn from my experience:

NEVER do plyometrics after running or intense lifting. Plyometrics should be done when your body is fresh... You are trying to recruit more muscle fibers to fire off and develop a neuromuscular connection for improved speed. Also... you can't benefit from plyos unless you have already developed more absolute strength. Strength before speed!

GSPs strength and conditioning coach talked about how he tells his athletes to never run if possible.

Jogging is seriously overrated as a means to condition for wrestling and MMA because they require anaerobic conditioning. Jogging calls for your body's aerobic threshold...

The exception is to jog one of three days per week for the first 4 weeks of conditioning to build your aerobic base for further anaerobic development.

Sprinting however is an excellent means of developing your anaerobic threshold for wrestling or MMA and I have always used it with my athletes.

Thanks for sharing such valuable information on jogging. I am sure many are going to benefit from this!
    STAY GREEN, STAY ALIVE !

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingPerformance View Post
    I'm sorry... I don't mean to contradict you but learn from my experience:

NEVER do plyometrics after running or intense lifting. Plyometrics should be done when your body is fresh... You are trying to recruit more muscle fibers to fire off and develop a neuromuscular connection for improved speed. Also... you can't benefit from plyos unless you have already developed more absolute strength. Strength before speed!
    I agree! But at the same time,you can used the confused muscle method.
    Change up on your training approach,every now and then.