Thread: Pavel Tsatsouline

Default Pavel Tsatsouline

Does any one have any of his books/DvDs? If so what do you think?

Default Re: Pavel Tsatsouline

I love this guy. He has so much knowledge in the field of strength training. I've read a whole bunch of his articles in magazines and they are great.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Enter the Kettlebell is a great beginner's book and dvd by Pavel. Also, check out www.fullkontact.com Steve Cotter's website. Great stuff.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Beyond Bodybuilding is awesome for advice.

i have the basic book and dvd that came with my kettlebell and another book that is training to do a one armed pushup and pistols.. it is good stuff. the guy is deadpan funny. always says "comrades" when making a point on the dvd. good stuff. i haven't tried using some of the breathing techniques or techniques in the other book but it was good reading. when i heal my left arm enough i'm going to get the one armed push up back by using his technique. right now i think the torn bicep tendon has left me with too much instability in my elbow joint. it clunks with two arm push ups. his book may help me focus the push from all the muscles in my body rather than just the arm pushing.
    but then again, i may be retarded

Olympic Champ

I bought the kettlebell book several years ago. I thought it was way over-priced (Then $34.95) and not all that helpful. His article orginally published in Milo about pickle juice and kettlebells is a classic, however. One may give him credit for raising the kettlebell consciousness in America but he also seems like a shameless self-promoter.

There are other people writing/teaching about kettlebells nowadays. I went to a seminar with this couple (Gregg and Kerry Althen) a couple years ago, and found it informative and useful.

http://www.kettlebellinstructor.com/page4.html

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Pavel works out at the gym by me. We got to talking one day. Real class act. He offered to give a free clinic and we're going to take him up on it. Awesome.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

not nearly the shameless relentless self promoter matt furey.
    but then again, i may be retarded

Olympic Champ

Agreed.