Thread: Best Way to gain strength AND size

Default Best Way to gain strength AND size

Well, i just came back after a 7 week seperated shoulder injury, and i've lost a lot of strength. What is a good way to regain it back + size along with it? For our wrestling team right now we have 2(sometimes 3 with a plate life on fridays) and i take protein after every lift. Should i be doing extra workouts at home, such as pushups, dips, core and take protein afterward for extra muscle and mass gain?
    Mental Toughness X-tra Effort
    Just because you screw up doesn't mean you give up.

Default Re: Best Way to gain strength AND size

Eat A LOT of HEALTHY food for size, and HEALTHY protein for strength while working out. Working out at home and taking protein seems like a good idea. Just give time for your muscles to rest, so you might want to take a day off from a heavy lifting day or just do some push-ups and pull-ups the day after as a "light" day.
    My question is, why do you want to gain size? Wouldn't you just want to gain muscle to regain muscle from the shoulder injury? You will wrestle better if you wrestle at a lower weight, or at least that's what I've been told.

Sorry my advice is not that good and it is pure opinion. I am just trying to help because no one has posted on here so far.

Remember that this is how the body "thinks":

"Wow you just "destroyed"/overworked all that muscle tissue (thats what weight lifting actually does) so we need to create more muscle fiber to meet the demand of that work!"

With that in mind you need to look at the
    1) amount of protein you intake
    2) the type of protein you intake
    3) the amount of sleep you get & when you sleep. Also rest in between work outs.

So my answers would be:
    1) To put on weight I eat at least 1 gram of protein for 2 pounds of body weight;
    2) Meat should be eaten in small quantities as the body can only assimilate so much animal protein before it just rots in the body undigested. Protein powders are okay but they usually include SUCRALOSE which is a horrible toxin for the body. Find that is sucralose aspartame FREE. I prefer ones that are also organic & gmo free.

Proteins at the bottom of the food chain quicken the healing process, (things like Blue Green Algae [BGA] & Wheatgrass). They might not taste as good as a hamburger or a shake but I assure there are powerful then animal proteins in terms of healing the body quicker then normal. Taken in large quantities can produce amazing results. I had a broken in my elbow heal in 4 days when a doctor told me that I would be in a cast & sling for 2-3 weeks. I was taking about 16 grams of BGA per day. American Olympic Decathlete Dan O'Brien was a big proponent of consuming BGA & it was apart of his regime.

3) The body needs to repair & if you have an injury SLEEP IS VITAL. Especially between the hours of 10 pm & 6 am. Those are key resting times for the repair of the body. Also do not work out everyday as after 1 day of strenuous workout of a particular muscle, it will need a day of rest if not 2 days before you go work that muscle group again. And to get the muscle to grow faster & stronger change your routine every 2-3 weeks followed by a week of rest. The do another set of routines for 2-3 weeks then another week of rest. In the routine, workout a particular muscle group as I said every other day.

I hope that helps.

I would say "eat lots, lift heavy" but I'm not sure if lifting heavy weights is safe with yoru shoulder situation. Seperated shoulder suck, make sure you dont tear it up again.

I had need to good advise for the the strength and increse the size of my muscle,
    this tip will help my to achieve goal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigteeth96 View Post
    My question is, why do you want to gain size? Wouldn't you just want to gain muscle to regain muscle from the shoulder injury? You will wrestle better if you wrestle at a lower weight, or at least that's what I've been told.
    I want to gain size to fill out for the 171 weight class. Because if i move up a weight class we can fit 1 more stud into our lineup and that is all apart of the team goal to win a state championship.
    Mental Toughness X-tra Effort
    Just because you screw up doesn't mean you give up.