Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jogging with a Cold

Default Jogging with a Cold

I won't jog until my cold goes away. Is that justified or should I jog anyways? It is about 35 degrees outside these days.

Is it unhealthy to jog outside in the cold while you have a cold?
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Default Re: Jogging with a Cold

Put a hoodie and a hat on and get out there. Just cut your jog distance or time down so you don't get run down. Or run on a treadmill inside. Are you still practicing? If you are, then you can jog.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    Put a hoodie and a hat on and get out there. Just cut your jog distance or time down so you don't get run down. Or run on a treadmill inside. Are you still practicing? If you are, then you can jog.
    No I'm not practicing, I wouldn't want to get my wrestling mates sick, that would just be mean of me. As much as I would like to go to practice I wouldn't want them to catch sickness either. I wouldn't want someone getting me sick either.

And what is "run down"? And I don't have a treadmill. =/

Physically rundown.. Out of gas. Achy-flu like symptoms
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    I won't jog until my cold goes away. Is that justified or should I jog anyways? It is about 35 degrees outside these days.

Is it unhealthy to jog outside in the cold while you have a cold?
    You can still exercise, but push fluids. Do you take multi-vitamins?

Quote Originally Posted by coachdavidh View Post
    You can still exercise, but push fluids. Do you take multi-vitamins?
    Yes I started taking multi-vitamins daily more recently. But beforehand I rarely did. But can you tell me what that has to do with a cold? And what is push fluids? I assume you mean drink a lot of water?

If you're taking adequate levels of vitamins in you're less likely to get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    Yes I started taking multi-vitamins daily more recently. But beforehand I rarely did. But can you tell me what that has to do with a cold? And what is push fluids? I assume you mean drink a lot of water?
    Vitamins, primarily C, and minerals such as Zinc may help to prevent illness or lessen its effects. Results vary for people, so do not expect to be immune. As for pushing fluids, yes, that means drinking more water. That will thin out your secretions, keep you properly hydrated, and flush out your body.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    If you're taking adequate levels of vitamins in you're less likely to get sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdavidh View Post
    Vitamins, primarily C, and minerals such as Zinc may help to prevent illness or lessen its effects. Results vary for people, so do not expect to be immune. As for pushing fluids, yes, that means drinking more water. That will thin out your secretions, keep you properly hydrated, and flush out your body.
    Well thanks. I'll make sure to push fluids next time. And about the jogging with a cold it isn't too bad. I just wanted to check if it was bad for my health in anyway. Sooner or later I will get a gym membership and do my cardio at the gym (treadmill) because it is getting colder by the day.