Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 12

Thread: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

  1. #1

    Default gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    Ok, so our wrestling team has decided to put me in the 215 weight class and i weigh 196 5'8 and 31% body fat so what can I do to reach this. need good way to build that much muscle. also im good on burning fat since I lose about 2lbs a week so let it commence

  2. #2

    Default Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard of oz View Post
    Ok, so our wrestling team has decided to put me in the 215 weight class and i weigh 196 5'8 and 31% body fat so what can I do to reach this. need good way to build that much muscle. also im good on burning fat since I lose about 2lbs a week so let it commence
    Lots of cardio work or HIIT for losing the fat. Jogging, sprints, jump rope, etc. I do cardio work 4-5 days a week. Also, eat a clean diet. Since you want to gain muscle eat alot. You can eat 10,000 calories a day and not get fat. Just make sure it's extremely clean food and workout hard along with your diet. Take your BW and multiply it by 18. That's how many calories you should be eating to gain weight. If that's not working then multiply BW by 20 and eat that. More on the way.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

  3. #3

    Default Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    Well it is highly unlikely you will gain 19 lbs of muscle in the next couple of weeks.

    I would suggest trying to gain a few pounds of muscle but more importantly focus on getting in great condition. What you will lack in size and strength you can make up for with being in great shape and have the speed and quickness edge. I would do some plyos and other drills and lifts designed to increase explosiveness and quickness.

  4. #4

    Default Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    I was going to say short of going on a juice cycle you aren't going to gain 19 pounds of muscle and lose fat at the same time over the course of a few weeks.

    My best advice really jibes with what greco and pjersey have said.

    What you've got to do right now is really build a base in terms of strength and conditioning. Clean your diet up, work hard at practice and if you can supplement it with other lifting (you should be able to get some good ideas from the logs posted here) that would be good as well.

    Let your weight do what it does for now. If you wind up below your weight you can always load up on fluids shortly before weigh ins. You'll make the weight with the water and should be able to pee it out before you wrestle.

  5. #5

    Default Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    I'm not really expecting to gain that much muscle but i need quite a but to reach near 215 and I dont really want more fat

  6. #6

    Default Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    What I'm trying to tell you is unless you put on quite a bit of fat you won't reach 215 this season.

    You need to concentrate on building a strength base so that in the off season you can start putting real muscle on.

    I obviously don't know the exact situation you're in in reference to your team needs at 215 but my advice from what I know is to again let your weight do what it does.

  7. #7

    Sunny Day! Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    What I'm trying to tell you is unless you put on quite a bit of fat you won't reach 215 this season.

    You need to concentrate on building a strength base so that in the off season you can start putting real muscle on.

    I obviously don't know the exact situation you're in in reference to your team needs at 215 but my advice from what I know is to again let your weight do what it does.
    well the team needed to fill the spot since they already had 2 people at 189 and could you explain to me this HIIT.

  8. #8

    Default Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    High Intensity Interval Training is a method of training.

    Its over a shorter distance of period of time, but it is (as I assume you can tell by the name) done in a very intense fashion.

    In terms of running instead of jogging say 2 miles, do sprints. If you're lifting instead of doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps with a weight do 5 sets of 3-5 reps with a heavier weight.

  9. #9

    Sunny Day! Re: gaining 19lbs of muscle, losing fat

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    High Intensity Interval Training is a method of training.

    Its over a shorter distance of period of time, but it is (as I assume you can tell by the name) done in a very intense fashion.

    In terms of running instead of jogging say 2 miles, do sprints. If you're lifting instead of doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps with a weight do 5 sets of 3-5 reps with a heavier weight.
    ok, thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •