Thread: What does my training program look like?

Default What does my training program look like?

Hello all! My mission is to be a international wrestler someday, and Iam wondering if this enough training?

Monday

1.Wrestling training, about 1.5-2 hours
    2.Plyometrics and balance board, about 1-1.5 hour

Tuesday

1. Running/Bike, Depends on what time it's in the season, start of the season the session is more longer (30-50 minutes) and Iam not running so fast, in the competition season the session is about 20 minutes and fast pace.
    2.Wrestling training, 1.5-2 hours

Wednesday

1.Strength Training, 1-1.5 hours

Thursday

1.Running/Bike, Again it depends of the time of the season, start of the season I usually do longer session than tuesday, in the competition season I do interval which last for 7 minutes, 2 minutes very fast, 30 seconds jogging, 2 minutes very fast, 30 seconds jogging and one more 2 minutes very fast, so it's like full wrestling match.

Friday

1.Strength training, 1-1.5 hours

Saturday

1. Floorball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floorball) as a goaltender, it trains my reflexes, flexibility and my agility.

Sunday

Rest

So please tell me what does my program look like, and if you want more information, please ask.

And one more thing, my wrestling team is having only two offical training sessions per week (Tuesday and Thursday), so Iam training with my friend in monday and wednesday. My problem is that my training friend is moving away next month so do you think that I can still train tough (and maybe become good wrestler some day) by myself? I got wrestling doll in our team training place. Thank you.

Default Re: What does my training program look like?

What do you do for strength training? Also, you should take a day off during the weekday between all that training. I would personally take wednesday off. So for example you can train mon, tues, thurs, fri, and sat.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Thank you for your comment My strenght training is like this:
    In every exercise I do 5 sets with 3 reps rising the weight in every set so that the last set is toughest.

Wednesday consists of 3 exercises: Front Squat, Power Clean and Power Snatch.

Friday also consists of 3 exercises: Bench Press, Pendlay Row and Upright Row.

I also do resistance bands on mondays.

And thank you for your good idea of having a day off in wednesday, I will try that

You shouldn't be training by time for strength training. Follow this program that was recommended to me by grecowrestler13 . www.stronglifts.com

And why train with a Plyometrics and balance board?
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Try and do atleast 3 days of strength training instead of 2 if you can. I try and strength train 5 days a week, but it's hard with school in the way and wrestling. Also, you should be doing calisthenics if you are not. Very imporant to train your muscular endurance as it is one of the greatest needs in wrestling and calisthenics will target muscle endurance like nothing else. Also, you need to train your aerobic/anerobic endurance by doing stuff like running, jump rope, sprints, etc. Let weights take care of your strength gains, though calisthenics will greatly increase your strength also.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

here's a calisthenics work out that will cook your grits.
    Monday 081110

Five rounds for time of:
    25 Inverted Burpees
    25 Pull-ups
    25 Burpees

can't wait to get home and try this.
    but then again, i may be retarded