Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: mir20052's workout log

Redshirt

Default mir20052's workout log

11\7\08

I don't have access to kettlebells, but i do kettlebell exercises with a dumbbell

40lb dumbbell

6 minutes 1 arm swings (5x5x5x5...)
    2 minutes each situps, pushups, chinups
    2 minutes hand-to-hand- sumo squat
    4 minutes Left arm push press, left 1 arm swings, right 1 arm swings, right arm push press, cycle back. (5x5x5x5...)
    2 minutes tactical lunges
    4 minutes figure 8 to snatch
    2 minutes box jumps
    4 minutes front lunge-lunge-squat

this took a while to get through. rest time only when switching from kettlebell to normal body weight exercises and back. Rest time was determined by listening to my body, determining when i was about halfway to comfortably recovered, then starting the next set of exercises. that's not to say that by the end i could get through all the sets without having to take a break in the middle of an exercise.

Default Re: mir20052's workout log

Nice to see that you made a workout log. What are you training for specifically? For example (to get stronger and more endured for wrestling)
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    Nice to see that you made a workout log. What are you training for specifically? For example (to get stronger and more endured for wrestling)
    Well, mostly its for wrestling endurance

i am also focusing on lifting muscles and explosiveness. because of the situation with my elbow (torn left UCL which i am going to wrestle with) i have to be extremely careful when lifting heavy weights, it at all. So i had to look for alternate training methods to normal cleans and other exercieses and i came across kettlebells, which fit the bill, especially for developing explosivness.

plus its way more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mir20052 View Post
    Well, mostly its for wrestling endurance

i am also focusing on lifting muscles and explosiveness. because of the situation with my elbow (torn left UCL which i am going to wrestle with) i have to be extremely careful when lifting heavy weights, it at all. So i had to look for alternate training methods to normal cleans and other exercieses and i came across kettlebells, which fit the bill, especially for developing explosivness.

plus its way more fun.
    Best of luck to you! What does UCL mean? I've tried looking it up but didn't have much success with that. lol

How many years have you been wrestling?

Keep throwing that steel around Mir. Nice job.. One suggestion. Turkish get ups. Go on ebay and get a k-bell. The weight distribution in a dumbell is even, in a k-bell the weight is concentrated making it much more physically taxing. A 20kg k-bell w/ shipping should run you about 100 bucks. I know that may be alot of $$, but it is well worth the investment.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    Best of luck to you! What does UCL mean? I've tried looking it up but didn't have much success with that. lol

How many years have you been wrestling?
    UCL in the ulnar collateral ligament in the elbow. if you hold your arm flat, palm up, its the ligament that hold the two arm bones together on the inside. relatively fortunately, its not a hugely vital ligament, which is why i am going to be able to wrestle

started 9th grade, am going to be a senior now, so 3 years

Redshirt

11/9/08

Wrestling

i think that ligament is the only thing holding my left arm together after tearing the distal biceps tendon.

cook your grits
    Monday 081110

Five rounds for time of:
    25 Inverted Burpees
    25 Pull-ups
    25 Burpees
    but then again, i may be retarded

Quote Originally Posted by mir20052 View Post
    11/9/08

Wrestling
    Hey mir, what wat did your wrestling practice consist of? Just curious because I have my first practice of the year in a couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by the518 View Post
    i think that ligament is the only thing holding my left arm together after tearing the distal biceps tendon.

cook your grits
    Monday 081110

Five rounds for time of:
    25 Inverted Burpees
    25 Pull-ups
    25 Burpees
    Huh?