Thread: Working Out

Default Working Out

hey guys, i weigh 160 pounds currentyl and im looking to drop weight and go to 152 or 145. I was wondering, instrad of lifting weights and doing a lot of running, can i just wrestle like 8 rounds of 5 minutes each to stay in shape? I was thinking that after i do this i can eat a lot of protein so itll be like a realy good workout.

Default Re: Working Out

Nope. Lifting weights is one of the best thing you can do to lose weight. That is because it still burns calories even while your sleeping. So that is essential. If you don't want to run then just do sport activities that will be fun and you will be having a good exercise while your at it. But it has to be a really active sport such as wrestling, basketball, football, and soccer.

If you have the energy and stamina to wrestle 8 rounds 5 minute each then go ahead.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    Nope. Lifting weights is one of the best thing you can do to lose weight. That is because it still burns calories even while your sleeping. So that is essential. If you don't want to run then just do sport activities that will be fun and you will be having a good exercise while your at it. But it has to be a really active sport such as wrestling, basketball, football, and soccer.

If you have the energy and stamina to wrestle 8 rounds 5 minute each then go ahead.
    the thing is i have the stamina to go 40 minutes straight for wrestling and then go lift righat away mainyl because i love training. No joke every other day i do 25 100 meter sprints, 10 100 meter bear crawls, 200 up downs, a lot of abs, and a nice 4 mile jog to cool down. on the days that i dont do that i lift doing 4 sets of 15 on every exercise with high weight like 80% to my max.

Quote Originally Posted by corealex View Post
    the thing is i have the stamina to go 40 minutes straight for wrestling and then go lift righat away mainyl because i love training. No joke every other day i do 25 100 meter sprints, 10 100 meter bear crawls, 200 up downs, a lot of abs, and a nice 4 mile jog to cool down. on the days that i dont do that i lift doing 4 sets of 15 on every exercise with high weight like 80% to my max.
    Okay that is fine. But you should still lift weights aside from it. You will burn more calories. Lift weights in 5 reps if you want pure strength gains.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."