Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling_Prodigy's Log

Default Re: Wrestling_Prodigy's Log

November 4, 08

• Bench Press - 4X5 90 pounds & 1x6 100 pounds (focused on good form and bringing barbell all the way down to me chest)
    • Pull Ups (assists 16 pounds =( ) - 5XF - 7,6,5,5,4
    • Chin Ups 2xF
    • Dips - 5XF - 7,6,5,3,3
    • Some type of ab exercise on machine that I don't know its name 5x5
    • 10+ minute jog
    • 40 blocks walked (to gym and back)

For the bench press I decided to focus on good form and i brought down the weight. Today I felt more comfortable with the pull ups but as always I hated the chin ups. I lose my grip on it toward my pinky side of my hands. I guess I just need to work on that. The dips got easier also but in the last 3 sets I would go down too low and I would just fall so I just went ahead with the next set.

EDIT:

In addition:

• Push ups : 30 - 23 - 20 - 15
    • Chair dips : 20 - 20 - 16
    • Hindu Squats : 40 - 35 -30

Last edited by Wrestling_Prodigy; 11-07-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

nice

i'd throw out the bench, that could be your problem with the shoulders hurting when dipping and pull ups are mixed in. add more push ups instead, until that pain goes away. also, matt furey, royal court, hindu squat, neck bridge, hindu push ups. do each of these exercises for time. squat 2 min. push up 2 min, bridge 2 min. that's a wrestling match. go to youtube to find videos on form. do this on your bedroom floor as often as you can.
    do a lot of stretching for your shoulders. you need to be really careful in shoulder development or you will be an old walking cluster fuch of shoulder problems like myself. thank you sport of wrestling.
    but then again, i may be retarded

Quote Originally Posted by the518 View Post
    i'd throw out the bench, that could be your problem with the shoulders hurting when dipping and pull ups are mixed in. add more push ups instead, until that pain goes away. also, matt furey, royal court, hindu squat, neck bridge, hindu push ups. do each of these exercises for time. squat 2 min. push up 2 min, bridge 2 min. that's a wrestling match. go to youtube to find videos on form. do this on your bedroom floor as often as you can.
    do a lot of stretching for your shoulders. you need to be really careful in shoulder development or you will be an old walking cluster fuch of shoulder problems like myself. thank you sport of wrestling.
    The shoulder pain has gone away for the most part. I think it was just that my shoulder couldn't keep up compared to the rest of my arm maybe. I make sure I stretch my shoulders good before the workout. But not shoulder dislocations, they look really scary.

What about "matt furey, royal court?"

I know about the hindu squats, neck bridge, and hindu push ups. I actually do hindu squats not regular squats for bodyweight exercises, lemme go fix that. Neck bridge and hindu push ups are part of my bodyweight training plan and I will do them today (just haven't got to them yet ).

I will try out the timed exercises as you say. Thanks.

Check out page 3 of my w/out log
    For some reason Navy vid won't load here
    Or just go to www.flowrestling.org and search Navy Fat Boy Lift
    Brutal but fun
    Last edited by gjfovf; 11-05-2008 at 08:40 PM.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

November 5, 08

• Hindu Pushups - 15 - 11 - 14 - 10
    • Chair Dips - 30 - 25 - 16 - 35
    • Hindu Squats - 55 - 50 - 50 - 45
    • Prone Bridge - 1:05 - 1:00

I notice a big difference in my endurance and I'm proud of that. I've set some new maxes today and I am proud of that. Tommorrow I will set a new record for push ups. The prone bridge was brutal for me. It was extremely hard especially on the second set.

November 6, 08

• Played basketball for an hour
    • Bench Press - 5x5 105 pounds (focused on good form)
    • Squats - 5x5 125 pounds (focused on good form)
    • Pull Ups (assists 16 pounds) - 5XF - 6,5,5,5 ( no assist) 4
    • Chin Ups 5xF (28 pound assist) - 4,5,5,4,5
    • Dips - 5xF - 10,8,6,7,11
    • Crunches (with 65 pound weight) 10,7,6,5,11
    • Shoulder shrugs 5x5 (50 pounds on each arm)

The squats got easier. I was going way more down today and was doing good. I think I'm ready to add 5 more pounds next time I work out. The pull ups on the other hand felt the same, didn't feel any progression. The bench press was alright I guess, I might pump it up another 5 pounds by this week, not sure about that though. The chin ups were still hard, and I felt really uncomfortable with them. Even though I raised the assist up to 28 pounds.

I got way better at the dips! Big improvement and they got way easier. But when I go low in the dips I feel like the middle of my chest bone is tightening or caving in and I feel some minor pain. Why is this?

I tried shoulder shrugs today to train my shoulders. It was alright, a little challenging but maybe not enough? Might pump it up by next workout during this week.
    Last edited by Wrestling_Prodigy; 11-07-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post

November 6, 08

• Played basketball for an hour
    • Bench Press - 5x5 105 pounds (focused on good form)
    • Squats - 5x5 125 pounds (focused on good form)
    • Pull Ups (assists 16 pounds) - 5XF - 6,5,5,5 ( no assist) 4
    • Chin Ups 5xF (28 pound assist) - 4,5,5,4,5
    • Dips - 5xF - 10,8,6,7,11
    • Crunches (with 65 pound weight) 10,7,6,5,11
    • Shoulder shrugs 5x5 (50 pounds on each arm)

The squats got easier. I was going way more down today and was doing good. I think I'm ready to add 5 more pounds next time I work out. The pull ups on the other hand felt the same, didn't feel any progression. The bench press was alright I guess, I might pump it up another 5 pounds by this week, not sure about that though. The chin ups were still hard, and I felt really uncomfortable with them. Even though I raised the assist up to 28 pounds.

I got way better at the dips! Big improvement and they got way easier. But when I go low in the dips I feel like the middle of chest is tightening and I feel some minor pain. Why is this?

I tried shoulder shrugs today to train my shoulders. It was alright, a little challenging but maybe not enough? Might pump it up by next workout during this week.
    is your chest tightening or pulling? it is pulling, you chest muscles may be very inflexible. stretch them out. it its tightening, if you feel like its getting crunched up, the dip bars are probably too narrow for your body.

Quote Originally Posted by mir20052 View Post
    is your chest tightening or pulling? it is pulling, you chest muscles may be very inflexible. stretch them out. it its tightening, if you feel like its getting crunched up, the dip bars are probably too narrow for your body.
    It is tightening. And you are probably right, that is the only logical thing I can think of. I just want to clarify to you that it isn't my muscle tightening but more specifically, it feels like the middle of my chest bone is caving in while I go low for the dip and the pain continues afterward for a bit.