Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What should I work out on?

Redshirt

Default Re: What should I work out on?

Quote Originally Posted by grecowrestler13 View Post
    Machines force you into uncomfortable positions and can cause injuries and i like to call them "bodybuilding" methods. Machines are basically used by bodybuilders. You'll never see a powerlifter or strongman using machines, only barbells and plates.

I don't like dumbells because I feel that barbells make you stronger.
    i think that machines are primarily not used by powerlifters because they control the path of the weight. when lifting free weights, your body is forced to stabilize and guide the weights, making the exercise more functional.

i also think that dumbbells are one more step in this functional direction than barbells. when using barbells, the arms work together in stabilization, and the weight moves altogether. when using dumbells, the arms works separately, and both arms need to stabilize independant of what the other is doing. thats why i only use dumbells when i lift weights.

but overall i do overall agree that bodyweight endurance exercises are the most important for wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by mir20052 View Post
    i think that machines are primarily not used by powerlifters because they control the path of the weight. when lifting free weights, your body is forced to stabilize and guide the weights, making the exercise more functional.

i also think that dumbbells are one more step in this functional direction than barbells. when using barbells, the arms work together in stabilization, and the weight moves altogether. when using dumbells, the arms works separately, and both arms need to stabilize independant of what the other is doing. thats why i only use dumbells when i lift weights.

but overall i do overall agree that bodyweight endurance exercises are the most important for wrestling
    I'm not too sure that dumbells are better than barbells because I've heard the opposite. But thanks for your input. I will start a workout log tomorrow.

Simplify all this-imagine what your opponent is doing and when you do that -add 20%-your mindset must be--'' never be outworked''-in high schol I did fifty pushups before I pissed in the mornung -which was difficult because i woke up with a hard-on from age 14 til last tuesday -seriously ,go to a local college practice -then see if you are working hard or not . It is always so easy to pull the covers back up and sleep -4:00 A.M. courage is a gift -if you have it , don't waste it .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Simplify all this-imagine what your opponent is doing and when you do that -add 20%-your mindset must be--'' never be outworked''-in high schol I did fifty pushups before I pissed in the mornung -which was difficult because i woke up with a hard-on from age 14 til last tuesday -seriously ,go to a local college practice -then see if you are working hard or not . It is always so easy to pull the covers back up and sleep -4:00 A.M. courage is a gift -if you have it , don't waste it .
    Wow, I like the way you think about it!! Thanks! I'll do so.

Also, another reason why it's better to use barbells than dumbells. Barbells work best because you can use more weight. More weight is more stress on your body, thus more results. It?s also easier to add weight each workout with barbells as you?re using both sides.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Redshirt

Also, another reason why it's better to use barbells than dumbells. Barbells work best because you can use more weight. More weight is more stress on your body, thus more results. It?s also easier to add weight each workout with barbells as you?re using both sides.
    but you could probably work with even more weight if you used a machine, and we know those don't work too well.

whatever, probably doesn't matter too much.

But machines force you into fixed and uncomfortable positions, which can cause injuries.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

But machines force you into fixed and uncomfortable positions, which can cause injuries.
    Also the strength that you would gain from machines doesn't translate as well in real life compared to strength from other ways of training such as bodyweight training or using barbells.

I've seen you got into stronglifts.com Prodigy. It's a great site. You'll learn alot about strength training there.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!