Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 35
Discuss What should I work out on? at the Workout & Training Tips within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by grecowrestler13 Machines force you into uncomfortable positions and can cause injuries and ...
  1. #19
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newton, Massachusetts
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    Quote Originally Posted by grecowrestler13 View Post
    Machines force you into uncomfortable positions and can cause injuries and i like to call them "bodybuilding" methods. Machines are basically used by bodybuilders. You'll never see a powerlifter or strongman using machines, only barbells and plates.

    I don't like dumbells because I feel that barbells make you stronger.
    i think that machines are primarily not used by powerlifters because they control the path of the weight. when lifting free weights, your body is forced to stabilize and guide the weights, making the exercise more functional.

    i also think that dumbbells are one more step in this functional direction than barbells. when using barbells, the arms work together in stabilization, and the weight moves altogether. when using dumbells, the arms works separately, and both arms need to stabilize independant of what the other is doing. thats why i only use dumbells when i lift weights.

    but overall i do overall agree that bodyweight endurance exercises are the most important for wrestling

  2. #20
    Round of 12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    Quote Originally Posted by mir20052 View Post
    i think that machines are primarily not used by powerlifters because they control the path of the weight. when lifting free weights, your body is forced to stabilize and guide the weights, making the exercise more functional.

    i also think that dumbbells are one more step in this functional direction than barbells. when using barbells, the arms work together in stabilization, and the weight moves altogether. when using dumbells, the arms works separately, and both arms need to stabilize independant of what the other is doing. thats why i only use dumbells when i lift weights.

    but overall i do overall agree that bodyweight endurance exercises are the most important for wrestling
    I'm not too sure that dumbells are better than barbells because I've heard the opposite. But thanks for your input. I will start a workout log tomorrow.

  3. #21
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    Simplify all this-imagine what your opponent is doing and when you do that -add 20%-your mindset must be--'' never be outworked''-in high schol I did fifty pushups before I pissed in the mornung -which was difficult because i woke up with a hard-on from age 14 til last tuesday -seriously ,go to a local college practice -then see if you are working hard or not . It is always so easy to pull the covers back up and sleep -4:00 A.M. courage is a gift -if you have it , don't waste it .

  4. #22
    Round of 12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Simplify all this-imagine what your opponent is doing and when you do that -add 20%-your mindset must be--'' never be outworked''-in high schol I did fifty pushups before I pissed in the mornung -which was difficult because i woke up with a hard-on from age 14 til last tuesday -seriously ,go to a local college practice -then see if you are working hard or not . It is always so easy to pull the covers back up and sleep -4:00 A.M. courage is a gift -if you have it , don't waste it .
    Wow, I like the way you think about it!! Thanks! I'll do so.

  5. #23
    NCAA Champ grecowrestler13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,116

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    Also, another reason why it's better to use barbells than dumbells. Barbells work best because you can use more weight. More weight is more stress on your body, thus more results. It?s also easier to add weight each workout with barbells as you?re using both sides.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

  6. #24
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newton, Massachusetts
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    Quote Originally Posted by grecowrestler13 View Post
    Also, another reason why it's better to use barbells than dumbells. Barbells work best because you can use more weight. More weight is more stress on your body, thus more results. It?s also easier to add weight each workout with barbells as you?re using both sides.
    but you could probably work with even more weight if you used a machine, and we know those don't work too well.

    whatever, probably doesn't matter too much.

  7. #25
    NCAA Champ grecowrestler13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,116

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    But machines force you into fixed and uncomfortable positions, which can cause injuries.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

  8. #26
    Round of 12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    Quote Originally Posted by grecowrestler13 View Post
    But machines force you into fixed and uncomfortable positions, which can cause injuries.
    Also the strength that you would gain from machines doesn't translate as well in real life compared to strength from other ways of training such as bodyweight training or using barbells.

  9. #27
    NCAA Champ grecowrestler13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,116

    Default Re: What should I work out on?

    I've seen you got into stronglifts.com Prodigy. It's a great site. You'll learn alot about strength training there.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

user tags

how to out muscle your opponent in wrestling every time

5x5 mariusz pudzanowski

powered by vBulletin complex conditioning workout program

Grip Strength Powered by vbulletin

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •