Thread: Work Out Music? Suggestions?

Default Work Out Music? Suggestions?

As the season approaches, I'm trying to put together some super play lists for practices. Can anyone share some suggestions of their favorite motivational songs?

Thanks.

Default Name your ideal playlist for a workout.

Would anyone like to share their favorite play lists for workouts?

Default Re: Name your ideal playlist for a workout.

I've got a 160 song playlist that I generally work my way through. Today's looks like its going to consist of...

Letter P- Saigon
    Ambitionz Az A Ridah- Tupac
    Patiently Waiting- 50 Cent f/ Eminem
    Ready For Whatever- TI
    Broken Sunday- Saliva
    Hustlers- Nas f/ The Game
    Heroes- Shinedown
    I'll Still Kill- 50 Cent f/ Akon
    Murda Was The Case- Snoop
    Back In Black- AC/DC
    When We Ride On Our Enemies- Tupac
    Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
    King Back- TI
    The Ocean- Led Zeppelin
    Kingdom Come- Jay-Z

Default Re: Work Out Music? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicTiger View Post
    As the season approaches, I'm trying to put together some super play lists for practices. Can anyone share some suggestions of their favorite motivational songs?

Thanks.
    I would suggest to listen to rock music. It motivates you and pumps you really well. At least that is what it does to me, and I'm not a really big fan of rock either but I find it that it helps push me to my limits and motivates me quite nicely.

Listen to songs by breaking benjamin, and linking park.

Live Wire - AC/DC
    Clutch
    Come Down - Bush
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Scott Stapp

If you want music with high intensity, that will motivate you, and push you even harder than go after rock songs. Such as linkin park by faint. If you want me to list some songs for you then tell me so.

Don't get relaxing and soothing songs because it will de-motivate you, relax your body, and will slow you down. Nor songs like R&B/hip hop/rap, it will make you want to be somewhere else. That is how it works, whether you are aware of it or not, it happens unconsciously.

Disturbed-Down with the sickness
    Rage against the machine -Geurilla radio
    System of a down-toxicity
    AC/DC-anything -preferably bon Scott era
    Led Zeppelin-immigrant song

none! your brain needs to give bio-feedback to your body. it's quiet, so listen to it. your workouts should be so intense and concentrated that you wouldn't hear music anyway. i don't.

Interval training is promoted as THE way to lose fat. Unfortunately interval training isn't as easy as it is promoted. Firstly, the work session of the interval must be intense, no, not sorta hard but at or near maximal effort. This is the main reason work intervals usually can't go longer than 60 seconds at very well trained individuals. Starting out most work intervals can be as short as 15 seconds because of the intense nature of this sort of training. Imagine trying to sprint a marathon, not going to happen!

Typically sprinting or cycling is promoted as they are forms of training that can be done at a high intensity with no rest during the work cycle. Unfortunately, this is very repetitive and joint stressful exercises. Many often end up with knee, back, and hip problems. This quickly discourages intense training. However, utilizing full body drills that can help flexibility and movement skills in an interval training circuit can actually ehnance these qualites.

The key with choosing the right exercises is not only that they are full body, but they are performed at high speeds too. This means you are not going to use heavy loads, but keep the focus on moving fluidly and quickly!

you don't need music, you need concentration.
    Last edited by the518; 10-21-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add text
    but then again, i may be retarded