Thread: What to do to get ready for High School wrestling?

Hybrid View

Default What to do to get ready for High School wrestling?

Ok, so i'm a sophomore this year and want to wrestle. Our conditioning begins in september but I want to be in good shape by then. Right now Im 205lbs, 5' 7" with 22%BF which i want to get down to at least 15% by mid october (if possible). What weight class should i ideally be in? What exercises will really help me get ready? I do not have guaranteed access to a gym since i can't drive until second semester. Also a good meal plan. . .that i can do with having to buy the food myself since i have parents and another sibling. Any advice would be great.

Default Re: What to do to get ready for High School wrestling?

You don't need a gym for any of these. Push ups, sit ups, pull ups, dips, lunges, squats, sprints, distance runs.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Default Re: What to do to get ready for High School wrestling?

dude u better try to atleast get that bodyfat to 10% most wrestlers who have alot of fat usually dont do well. the fat will slow u down. trust me ull fell much better. i suggest doing fast explosive training within the 15 -20 rep range. exersises shuld be push press, pullups, benchpress, deadlifts, jump squats, power cleans and rows. i would stay away from dumbells but its ok to use k- bells. also do lots of sprinting and carddio work itll help trust me