Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goals Thread

Default Goals Thread

Kind of in the same vein as the PR thread, post your fitness related goals here.

This thread perhaps even more so than the PR thread I'm hoping is able to draw people out of the shadows a little bit more.

I'll post mine once I sit and think out just exactly what they are.

Default Re: Goals Thread

To be able to run for 45 min.
    Climb Mt Rainer--2012
    Day Climb Mt Adams (Currently my trips involve camping halfway up the mountain)--2011
    Complete the 3 Sisters Marathon (Link number 2)including Broken Top and Bachelor--2013-2014
    I would also like to get back down to 225. I put on a lot of weight when my son passed away in 2007 and then with my wife's subsequent pregnancies. Maybe I was a little depressed, I'm not sure but it's time for it to come off. I don't have a date for this but I'm down 35 pounds from my high so far and losing it a little at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

my ultimate workout 1 mile run, 100 pullups (w/kips) 100 body bag burpees, 100 one arm jerks , 100 snatches, 1/4 mile farmers walk w/ 24kgs, eventually get up to 1 mile farmers walk.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Before mid-November (when I start coaching full time again)

455 Deadlift (405 now)
    180 Strict Press (155 now)
    365 Back Squat (340 now)
    255 Clean and Jerk (205 now)
    200 Snatch (170 now)
    8 Unbroken Muscle Ups (2 now)

Will put down more as I think of them.

Jensen, muscle ups are damn hard.. still working them too..
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

I got my first ones about a week ago.

The coaches at the Crossfit gym I workout at all laugh at me because I'm for lack of a better word just muscling through them, haven't learned how to kip on the rings yet.

tell your "coaches" to quit laughing and freakin' teach you.. Lol...

Id like to get 3 more amateur fights in the next 5 months, have my first pro fight around april. I am going to do the no gi jiu jitsu worlds, in november. I would be doing the blue belt division so if i win that id likely get my competition purple.

Id also like to get on a more strict strength and conditioning schedule. Its tough right now timewise but i need to start making the time. Once i get that figured out i can develop some more specific goals.

My goals for this Wrestling season
    my weightclass is 145

to be able to Curl 60 pound dumbells (im at 50's now)
    be able to bench 200 (im at 160 now)
    squat 300 (250 now)
    run a 5:30 mile (my fastest is 6:15)