Discuss Maximizing my year spent redshirting at the Workout & Training Tips within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Hey, I just discovered these forums and figured this would be one of the best ...
    Redshirt

Default Maximizing my year spent redshirting

Hey, I just discovered these forums and figured this would be one of the best places to get my questions answered. I'm an incoming freshman at a Junior College in California. I've decided to redshirt my first year and I want to know if anyone can give me a detailed way to get the most out of this year?
    I'm 5'6 and my current weight is 163 at 14% bodyfat.
    I'm looking to be down to 7% by the beginning of next year's wrestling season and preferably well before. So my questions are:
    1. What should I be eating for the next year?(A detailed, consistent diet would be ideal if anyone would be willing to take the time to write one).
    2. What workout plan should I follow?(Judging by what I've read this morning I should be doing a morning run/weightlifting workout, as well as practice in the afternoon. Would a second weightlifting workout or a run a couple hours after practice be beneficial?).
    3. How should my time in the weightroom be spent?(Which machines/lifts do I want to focus on? Which do I ignore?).

If anyone could give me some tips here I would really appreciate it, I want to be at my best physically for my first year competing and right know I believe I'm far from that.

Redshirt

Default Re: Maximizing my year spent redshirting

1. Mercola.com is a pretty good place to start on a good diet, Undergroundwellness is a nice site to. Try to eat organic when you can, and avoid processed stuff like candies, bread, pasta, and most things that come in a can.
    2. For your workout, you can get ideas from the Stronglifts.com forum, www.GetWrestlingStrength.com is also a nice site.
    3. No machines, do compound lifts such as; bench press, military press, squat deadlift. Use tools like ropes, tires, kettlebells, barbells, dumbells, even odd objects like rocks

user tags

Redshirting in wrestling

best workout plans for redshirting

redshirting in junior college

REDSHIRTED IN WRESTLING

what is red shirting in wrestling

what is redshirted my first year

can you redshirt at a california juco