Maximizing my year spent redshirting
Hey, I just discovered these forums and figured this would be one of the best places to get my questions answered. I'm an incoming freshman at a Junior College in California. I've decided to redshirt my first year and I want to know if anyone can give me a detailed way to get the most out of this year?
I'm 5'6 and my current weight is 163 at 14% bodyfat.
I'm looking to be down to 7% by the beginning of next year's wrestling season and preferably well before. So my questions are:
1. What should I be eating for the next year?(A detailed, consistent diet would be ideal if anyone would be willing to take the time to write one).
2. What workout plan should I follow?(Judging by what I've read this morning I should be doing a morning run/weightlifting workout, as well as practice in the afternoon. Would a second weightlifting workout or a run a couple hours after practice be beneficial?).
3. How should my time in the weightroom be spent?(Which machines/lifts do I want to focus on? Which do I ignore?).
If anyone could give me some tips here I would really appreciate it, I want to be at my best physically for my first year competing and right know I believe I'm far from that.
Re: Maximizing my year spent redshirting
1. Mercola.com is a pretty good place to start on a good diet, Undergroundwellness is a nice site to. Try to eat organic when you can, and avoid processed stuff like candies, bread, pasta, and most things that come in a can.
2. For your workout, you can get ideas from the Stronglifts.com forum, www.GetWrestlingStrength.com is also a nice site.
3. No machines, do compound lifts such as; bench press, military press, squat deadlift. Use tools like ropes, tires, kettlebells, barbells, dumbells, even odd objects like rocks
Tags for this Thread