Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preventing Cramps

Default Preventing Cramps

Anyone know good methods of preventing cramps right before cramps? I usually like to run early in the morning right when I wake up. 10-15 minutes after I wake-up. Whether I drink to much or to little water, I still get cramps. Same goes for food. Anyone know how I can prevent them?

Also, how do they start? I never really look to much into cramps.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Default Re: Preventing Cramps

Electrolytes.

When I work out early in the morning I have a banana and like 8 oz of Gatorade.

Cramping has never been a problem.

Thanks! I'll try that.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Yeah, electrolytes or not warming-up properly. Wrestlers usually get cramps when they cut weight and they enter hypomagnesia. Ever seen a wrestler getting cramps in both legs during fight so he has to give up? Not a nice thing to see.

Banana is (as far as I'm concerned) a better option than Gatorade. Broccoli is also rich with potassium.
    Be like water my friend...

beets, bananas, sweet and regular potatoes are high high in potassium. Stay hydrated. Not a big fan of gatorade. Water is the first ingrediant, sucrose (table sugar) and highfructose corn syrup are ingrediants 2 and 3. Refined sugar is the enemy.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

My wife swears by Midol, so something to consider.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

So drinking a lot of water or gatorade helps? Same goes for eating?
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Just eat a banana or two after a workout and if you eat healthy foods during the day you'll have no problems. You must pay a lot of attention to hydration, you must drink during half of your bodyweight (in pounds) converted to ounces. Very important - you must drink between the meals, not during because you'll dilute your stomach's digesting fluids and get bloated, burping and gassy.

P.S. Gatorade does not help. Only water can do "water's job". Not gatorade, not coffee nor tea. Water. HARDCORE water.

P. P. S. Gatorade sucks. You can easily put 30g of glucose in 0.5 L of water you drink during your workout, that'll give you the boost if you lack energy.
    Be like water my friend...

"P. P. S. Gatorade sucks. You can easily put 30g of glucose in 0.5 L of water you drink during your workout, that'll give you the boost if you lack energy."

Amen, brother.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."