Thread: 130s to 171s

Default 130s to 171s

I wrestle at 125s normally but i didnt make weight yesterday so somebody took my spot and now im 130s for our last match At the end of wrestling season im going to lift alot so that i can gain alot of musle and then during season im going to power lift real heavy weight in a few reps so im not putting on weight but im getting stronger the reason why im trying to go so far up is that my body puts on muscle so quicly at the beging of the school year i was 115 and i went up to 134 before the first match from not really lifting to much weights i was doing squats deadlifts and push ups and sit ups so after league finals im going to try to shoot up there at the least ill hit 152s or 160s and i dont have a problem with that but i have about a year to put on weight and if in 2 months i put on 20 pounds of muscle im gunna be putting alot of weight on hopefully i can weigh around 185 for 171s or 170-172 for 160s and anything 165 or below for 152s

if you have any tips please tell me i need all the helpi can get
    Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.

Default Re: 130s to 171s

The weight that you put on most likely is not muscle. It is virtually impossible to put on 20 pounds of muscle in 2 months w/out chemical help. To illustrate my point, go to a supermarket and find the biggest roast beef they have in the refrigerator. Pick it up. Hold it for a minute. It will probably be around 8-10 pounds. That is roughly half of what you hope to gain in 2 months.
    #1 you are going to have to eat.. roughly 4000-5000 calories a day. You have to turn your body into a calorie burning furnace. This isn't as easy as it sounds. It is work.

#2 stick with your functional strength program. deads, squats, pushups, pull ups, situps, power cleans, jerks, and plyometrics. We want explosive strength not nice biceps..

#3 diet.. no junk. you want to gain LEAN muscle. So doritos, pizza, etc.. are out. Realize that weight gain isn't always muscle gain. Find a good weight gaining protein shake and find out what supplements you are allowed to take (flaxseed oil, amino acids, multi-vitamin, creatine etc..). I know there are some illegal ones in NJ HS sports.

Just some thoughts.. Good luck.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."