Thread: New to wrestling need preseason wrkout

Default New to wrestling need preseason wrkout

im 14 yrs old im pretty strong and really explosive...

i am starting wrestling very soon n i want to know what i can do to build strength for wrestling...
    i hav to stay away from deadlifts due to back problem n bench press due to chest n another prob but sooner than l8r i will b able to do those exercises!!

im 5'3.5
    115lbs
    im very lean

i plan on wrestling greco and freestyle

thnx always Sam

Default Re: New to wrestling need preseason wrkout

what is wrong w/ your back & chest? Muscular or skeletal problems? First bit of advice, make sure your injuries are healed before you begin a program. If you don't your small injury, may become a nagging injury that will never heal.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

i hav a muscle disorder but im almost grown out of it...n i have a slight curve of the spine n i am goin to physical therapy n he said to definatly wrestle n i also run xc but its a short season n my wrestling is rather long

Another suggestion. Please write in complete sentences/words, I am old and not familiar with text speak. Keep running. Work on flexibility, agility, balance, strength, and speed.
    Here are some examples:
    Sprints for speed
    3 cone type drills for agility
    one legged squats for balance
    pull ups, chin ups, exercise band drills for strength
    Yoga for flexibilty
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

my dad is is or once was a very good wrestler he got a scholarship and he has been helping me a bit but he has juggle work...I have been doing some agility things,pullups,towell pullups,chinups,neck bridges,sprawl drills and core exercises lots of bodyweight exercises not alot of weights i also do one legged box squats and regular one leg squats i love them lots!
    thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by SAM233 View Post
    my dad is is or once was a very good wrestler he got a scholarship and he has been helping me a bit but he has juggle work...I have been doing some agility things,pullups,towell pullups,chinups,neck bridges,sprawl drills and core exercises lots of bodyweight exercises not alot of weights i also do one legged box squats and regular one leg squats i love them lots!
    thanks for your input
    Sounds like you are on your way!! Work hard, have fun, and compete!!