Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gjfovf

Default gjfovf

Look what I got!!!!

Two 40 pounders, and then a 60 pounder as well.

Default Re: gjfovf

I can't see the picture but, I assume you got some kettle bells. How do you like them so far?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Haven't really done anything with them other than mess around with them around the house so far.

Today will be the first day I take them to the gym to work out.

You are on your way my friend... Conventional weight training will never give you the "pump" that kettlebells will. After a long cycle set of jerks, I feel like I can lift a dump truck... IMO, here are the essential 5: Swing, turkish get up, clean and jerk/press, overhead squat, snatch... Throw reps out the window and w/out in timed intervals.. Have fun and bring a bucket.. ;-)
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Steve Cotter's encyclopedia of kettlebell lifting is also a great dvd to get.. I know that it can be pricey brand new, but I got mine used on ebay for about 40 bucks.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

I've already planned on definitely incorporating swings into my routine, and subbing the K-Bells in for dumbbells when I do my 1 arm snatches.

I want to try and work TGU's in, but I think I may have to refine technique on those using lighter dumbbells before I really start putting work in with them.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I've already planned on definitely incorporating swings into my routine, and subbing the K-Bells in for dumbbells when I do my 1 arm snatches.

I want to try and work TGU's in, but I think I may have to refine technique on those using lighter dumbbells before I really start putting work in with them.
    Agreed.. 5 left no switch then 5 right no switch.. Then singles for a 6 minute match.. Work your way up to 5 matches w/out stopping. Total 30 minutes. I try to do this at least one day a week. Don't forget your cleans..

Did a pair of 30 yard waiter walks with my 40's today after I finished up. Those were fun...

hey gj, would u mind if i sent you my work out routine that i plan on starting and you can possibly tweak it to add in the kettlebells?