Thread: Sleep

Default Sleep

I've not been sleeping well and I'm not sure how my body's taking it.

For about two weeks I've been unable to sleep at night, until about 5 am, in which I would then sleep until about 2 pm.

I've been working out 3 days a week and have been taking protein and eating healthy, though I don't know the effects of being sleep deprive.

I don't feel any weaker.. but I don't know.. I don't want this to become a habit. Am I losing muscle? Is it harder for me to gain strength? Any help would be cool, thanks.

Default Re: Sleep

Propofol.

Just kidding . . . unless you're a dancing. singing child molester.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurplePride View Post
    I've not been sleeping well and I'm not sure how my body's taking it.

For about two weeks I've been unable to sleep at night, until about 5 am, in which I would then sleep until about 2 pm.

I've been working out 3 days a week and have been taking protein and eating healthy, though I don't know the effects of being sleep deprive.

I don't feel any weaker.. but I don't know.. I don't want this to become a habit. Am I losing muscle? Is it harder for me to gain strength? Any help would be cool, thanks.
    Mix in some heavy cardio.

That's still 9 hours of sleep a night. If you do it every night, your body should just be in that cycle. If you want to try to get back to normal, try waking up at 10am one day and then stay up until 10-11pm and you should be back on track as long as you wake up at a reasonable time the next day, 8-10
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

So sleeping at 5am and waking at 2pm is the same as sleeping at 12pm and waking at 9am??

If you do it everyday, yes. However, as I said, if you want to get back on track, you're going to have to sacrifice a day w/o adequate sleep.
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"