Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying To build A good offseason lifting program. Lots of question, please help!!!

Default Re: Trying To build A good offseason lifting program. Lots of question, please help!!!

I would actually say the amount of plyos you have is pretty good. I dont see a need to reduce them. However, in regards to Dead Lift, you should do a set of 8 that is fairly easy to do for a warm up. Then do 6-4-3-3-2-1-2-3-3-4-6. Dead Lifts are much better with high sets rather than high reps. And remember not to breath out on the way up.
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

Default Re: Trying To build A good offseason lifting program. Lots of question, please help!!!

What are you trying to bulk up the most? Upper body, lower body, or both? I would put a little more focus on grip/forearm strength and maybe a little more emphasis on the legs. But yeah, you should keep the 5x5. Everything looks pretty good and that is a good plan. Just remember, legs are what carry you through a match, so you might want to put a little more emphasis on them.
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

I've now tried WS4SB and BFS and I would say that it's kind of a deal where
    whichever you prefer, go with. BFS worked better for me, but it could go either way.
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

BFS has worked better for you in terms of strength or mass? Where can i find the BFS program anyway, i can't find it on the website.

You have to pay for their programs. You can find some of their drills and whatnot on youtube.