Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moves from an Underhook + Collar Tie Position

Default Moves from an Underhook + Collar Tie Position

I wrestle one of my coaches for almost the entire time every practice (2 time Prep State Champ) and I often find myself in a position where i have a collar tie with my right hand and an underhook with my left. Besides a snap to Pancake/Cement Mixer, what are some other takedowns from this tie up?

Anything and everything is appreciated!

-System

Default Re: Moves from an Underhook + Collar Tie Position

Three new options for you: Inside trip, ankle pick, snap down to front head

Depending on your head position, what he's doing with his left hand, and his foot work, you may also have: knee pick, a knee block throw, or a foot sweep.

The knee pick especially if you've already attempted the inside trip. I used to drill the knee pick as a continuation of a failed inside trip. Assuming of course that he doesn't have good elbow control on the collar tie arm.

Shrug the underhook to a high c.
    Simply throw the arm by creating your angle to attack from.
    Snap down to a shot.
    Bruce Baumgartner has a heavyweight dvd out that has great stuff involving the underhook series.
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman:

Good advice here. Another simple movie is a snatch single. I personally love to work from the underhook, great tie.

Using the collar tie AND the underhook- snap down on with both at the same time into a front headlock. Finish from there.

More generally with an underhook you want to use the position to your advantage to get your opponent off balance and in an uncomfortable position. If you are taller than your opponent, lift them up. If you are shorter than your opponent, pull them down... when your opponent is off balance and trying to recover, the moves you can do are almost limitless.

I like the underhook series.. when i have an underhook with my left arm i normally post my right hand on the right side of his head and circle left.. while jacking the underhook up and change levels and pick up the single with your left hand

Knee him in the nuts, when his back hits the mat, put your foot on his throat and scream a triumphant victory.

In all seriousness, I'd lose the collar tie and get the over-hook and pin it hard. Circle to the right and when he trails Step into his feet and hit the lat throw.

About a 100 options with the underhook series -from foot sweeps to ankle picks -Watch some video of dudziak-he is probably the best out there as far as using the RUSSIAN underhook series -if nothing else -stall for 30 seconds and let your opponent carry your weight around while you take a breather or let him think that is what you are doing then BAM manuever him into a position where you can score off a throw or a HC-if you apply enough pressure you can make him come around in front and sweep that ankle .