Thread: Strength Training

Default Strength Training

So my season ended yesterday and i didnt make it to state. The main reason is because my strength and conditioning sucks. I need to step up my game for next year(my senior year) Any suggestions? camps i should go to?. Also i wrestle in west tennessee however even the best guys from west tennessee get whipped by the guys from east tennessee any ideas on how i can get to the higher level?

Default Re: Strength Training

check out w/out section of twt. lots of great resources and different w/outs.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by superman831 View Post
    So my season ended yesterday and i didnt make it to state. The main reason is because my technique and conditioning wasn't as good as it could have been.
    Fixed it for you. Technique, not strength is the most important. Conditioning follows technique in importance and strength is the least required in wrestling out of the three.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Work on all of them during the offseason.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    Fixed it for you. Technique, not strength is the most important. Conditioning follows technique in importance and strength is the least required in wrestling out of the three.
    He's saying that his technique is fine, but he wants to work more on conditioning. If this is really what he means then I'd suggest working out a lot and going to an intensive camp (j rob?).

The J. Robinson camp is incredible. If you can do any 14+ day intensive I would suggest it. I would also suggest finding someone that has good strength and ask to work out WITH them. Chances are they push themselves a bit harder in the weight room than you do. That's not a knock on you, I know that when I started lifting with a guy on my team in HS I gained a TON of strength and nearly passed him on a lot of lifts and other strength tests. If you can get a group together to lift with then you'll also be less likely to skip a workout. When you are feeling like ducking a lifting or running session someone else will rag on you a bit, and you'll do the same for them.

Just out of curiosity what are/have you been doing?