Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arm spin and others

Idea arm spin and others

I would like to know how to arm spin because in practice i was wrestling a high schooler and i reached out and in like 1 ms i was on the ground and it hurt hella bad and he said it was the arm spin. also google doesnt tell u how so i would like some advice on that please.

Also this is some other help i need, i alwawys usually ending up pinning myself by doing a takedown and then they get on top of me and pin me. Also finally i would like some advise on how to bridge well i can never be able to bridge well and can never usually get out of a pin. like how do u know which way to bridge and stuff like that. MUCH HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED SO I DONT CRAP MY PANTS BEFORE 1ST MATCH. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

Default Re: arm spin and others

Quote Originally Posted by theworstwrestlerr View Post
    Also finally i would like some advise on how to bridge well i can never be able to bridge well and can never usually get out of a pin. like how do u know which way to bridge . . .
    I'll take that one. Think of a half nelson or a reverse half nelson as the letter "c." You want to turn towards the opening in the "c," which will be towards him for a regular half nelson and away from him for a reverse half. You also want to wedge the hand opposite to the direction you are turning into a wedge (all the fingers tight together and straight) and force it between his chest and yours in the direction you are turning. Once you know which way you will be turning, bridge up high and turn the other way. Then quickly drop down to create a space, turn in the right direction (toward the opening in the "c") and force the wedge hand through. You may have to repeat this several times before you can belly down.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I can try and describe the arm spin... if it's the same move I'm thinking of, kind of like an arm throw...

Start with an overhook, or a tight grip on your oponent's arm. You need to step in close to your opponent's lead leg with your foot. Then, clamping down on that arm, you "spin" your body under his arm... you should end up at close to a 45 degree angle to your opponent. You then lower your weight. This torque creates the force required to throw your opponent to his back. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this very clearly.

It's really more of a freestyle/greco move.

at 1:21 of this video, you can see one world champion throwing another world champ with an arm throw, not quite a classic arm spin but still very cool. The slow-mo replay is at 2:32.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TZEI29fmiI
    Last edited by arm-spin; 02-14-2009 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theworstwrestlerr View Post
    I would like to know how to arm spin because in practice i was wrestling a high schooler and i reached out and in like 1 ms i was on the ground and it hurt hella bad and he said it was the arm spin. also google doesnt tell u how so i would like some advice on that please.

Also this is some other help i need, i alwawys usually ending up pinning myself by doing a takedown and then they get on top of me and pin me. Also finally i would like some advise on how to bridge well i can never be able to bridge well and can never usually get out of a pin. like how do u know which way to bridge and stuff like that. MUCH HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED SO I DONT CRAP MY PANTS BEFORE 1ST MATCH. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
    For the arm spin try here...http://www.themat.com/ncep.php?page=ta
    Its a great move, but NEEDS to be practiced before trying. Don't do it cold.

Redshirt

i think what saitiev did was an arm throw?

i thought this was an arm spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njghfmIRUBM

first and last move

After looking at the Saitiev match in slow-motion, I think you're right. Saitiev does "spin" through a bit on his throw, but your video is definitely a more classic example. As the first throw in that video shows, an arm spin that doesn't sucessfully expose an opponent's back can still often be converted to a takedown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    For the arm spin try here...http://www.themat.com/ncep.php?page=ta
    Its a great move, but NEEDS to be practiced before trying. Don't do it cold.
    That looked like a Japanese whizzer. Is it a different move or the same move by another name?
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    That looked like a Japanese whizzer. Is it a different move or the same move by another name?
    Japanese whizzer is the name I know that move by, but it looks like it's called an arm spin on the USAW site.

lol thanks guys for all ur helpp. im pretty good at bridging now but i can never bridge if they put me in a reverse half or whatever you call it when they put there arm under your head so you cant bridge with it. anyone got any tips on what to do from there?