Thread: Best wrestling camp to catch up?

Default Best wrestling camp to catch up?

Well, I'm missing almost every match this season because of confirmation class, although I do go to practice, and I atleast get to go to 'some' matches. Next year, since there will be a vacancy in the roster, I'm going to have to fill that spot. I don't want to let my team down. I have a pretty fast shot, but I suck donkey ass at finishing them. Anyways, hopefully many of you have been to a variety of camps. What I'd like to know is what camps do you recommend? Should I do intensive or technique?

I was thinking intensive (I assume) since you get a lot of live wrestling in, and you could (once again, I'm assuming) pick up techniques from your wrestling partners as well. Do intensive camps normally focus on technique as well?

I'd like to go to camp as long as possible so as to come back a more polished wrestler.

I was checking some camps out and I was intrigued by NIU's 21 day elite camp. http://www.niuwrestlingcamps.com/
    Chertow also seems good.

Anyways, please feed me with as much info as you can, because I'm hungry.

Default Re: Best wrestling camp to catch up?

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniaque View Post
    Well, I'm missing almost every match this season because of confirmation class, although I do go to practice, and I atleast get to go to 'some' matches. Next year, since there will be a vacancy in the roster, I'm going to have to fill that spot. I don't want to let my team down. I have a pretty fast shot, but I suck donkey ass at finishing them. Anyways, hopefully many of you have been to a variety of camps. What I'd like to know is what camps do you recommend? Should I do intensive or technique?

I was thinking intensive (I assume) since you get a lot of live wrestling in, and you could (once again, I'm assuming) pick up techniques from your wrestling partners as well. Do intensive camps normally focus on technique as well?

I'd like to go to camp as long as possible so as to come back a more polished wrestler.

I was checking some camps out and I was intrigued by NIU's 21 day elite camp. http://www.niuwrestlingcamps.com/
    Chertow also seems good.

Anyways, please feed me with as much info as you can, because I'm hungry.
    Is there not anyone that can answer this?

Default Re: Best wrestling camp to catch up?

Majority of camps will do both technique and intensity, but if I had the choice I'd choose a more technique focused camp. You can train cardio and lifting on your own, and there's probably a few wrestling clubs that you can join for a cheap amount of money, where you'll get some live wrestling in.