Thread: how 2 throw

Default how 2 throw

Ok, how do you throw efficiently I am 203lb and wrestling at 215 right now, I suck at shooting so my only option is upperbody.

Default Re: how 2 throw

Quote Originally Posted by EternalJoe View Post
    Ok, how do you throw efficiently I am 203lb and wrestling at 215 right now, I suck at shooting so my only option is upperbody.
    Practice, practice, practice. If you want to be a thrower then in practice you have to throw. Make sure that you commit. I know that when I was wrestling I was a very proficient thrower and the key that I found was commitment. You can't make a 1/2 throw, you have to go all out.

It does all boil down to practice. If you don't have time to devote to practicing throws--setting them up and finishing them--from different ties and positions then spend your time on practicing shots and defending them.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalJoe View Post
    I feel you. I'm at 225 wrestling the fat boys up at 285, so I had to learn to throw and fast.

I learned a ton of different throws, and I'm glad I did.

I decided to first better the throws I already knew, the double overhook and the over-under throw.

If the dude is taller then you, lock around his gut and squeeze and walk into him until he falls back. Trust me, he will.

If he's shorter, go for the double-over or the under-over. If you're pretty strong, a double-under is also acceptable, but I don't recommend it as it's mostly a flashy move.

When you throw, you are literally falling back and to the side at one time. You pull him straight over you, start counting the lights buddy.

It also helps a lot if the guy is pushing hard into you; the added pressure makes throwing him a lot easier.

If you can, practice throwing smaller-ish guys until you have the technique down, then work with bigger dudes so you get used to throwing more weight. Eventually, you'll be throwing anyone like nobody's business.

Hope I helped.

Obviously the specific mechanics on the throw will depend on the actual move, but here are some basics to keep in mind.

Unless you have a tight body lock on your opponent and he can't do anthing, throws are generally a "stealth" move, not a power move. You have to hit them when your opponent isn't expecting them.

Throwing is easier if the opponent is pushing into you. To set up a head lock throw, for example, start pushing on your opponent with a collar and elbow tie, when he pushes back toss him. For an arm throw or arm spin try an overhook, an over-under for a lateral throw, and so on. Opponents may also try to continue driving into you after a bad shot, if you can lock them up it may also be a good time to throw!

Most throws involve getting your hips lower than your opponents so they "fall" over you naturally. Low man wins!

Learn to pop your hips well. A good hip pop is essential to a lot of throws. I dunno if back arch throws are allowed in folkstyle, but if you are allowed to do them practice arching your back as well!

Unregistered

Idea Re: how 2 throw

thats easy Just Push Force to him and keep pushing him back once he puts force toart you that when you explode And use that force to throw him or her over

It's gonna be hard to be an elite wrestler without being able to shoot. If you're an athlete that is stronger than everybody else then sure, you'll be able to beat the average wrestler with you're throws. Being only 203 though, there's gonna be several guys cutting down to 215 that will be stronger than you. So you're gonna have to develop a shot to be able to compete against the better guys. It's really not that hard to develop at least one go to shot. The key to developing that shot is to drill drill and drill some more. You can never drill it enough. I'm guessing you're biggest problem right now with shooting is a lack of confidence, as this is the case with most wrestlers. When you lack confidence in your shot, then it causes not to shoot, and when you do shoot it causes you to hesitate, which slows down your shot and increases your opponents reaction time. So my suggestion, is to start drilling your shots and pick one out that your best at. Keep drilling that shot and different set ups and make that your go to move. I can't think of any elite wrestler that doesn't have a go to move that they can hit at anytime.

One of my favorite sayings: "Through repetition you can learn a move so well that nobody can stop it. If you want it bad enough, it's only a matter of time."
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman: