Thread: What moves do you usually do at the beginning of match?

Default What moves do you usually do at the beginning of match?

Suppose the referee has just blown the whistle. What move are you going to try first? Go straight for the collar tie or go for the low single? What's your favorite move to do right in the beginning?

I usually back up and go for the tie and try to get the wrist. Haven't had time to test it out though (one match )

Default Re: What moves do you usually do at the beginning of match?

It depends on the opponents stance, their ability, and which whistle (which period? is he tired? etc)

1st period - generally a tie, but it doesnt hurt to hit a low single, knee block, or blast double every now and again.
    3rd period - if he's tiring, low singles, doubles, just about anything *can* work..

oh.. and we moved it here.. asking which moves to use is a technique question.

I would say low single or an ankle pick would be really good off the whistle due to your having to put his foot on the red or green line in the center.

But I'm not a big fan of shooting off the whistle.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Yea what can really help is learning to know when the whistle will be blown. About a second after you walk back and reset on the lines, the whistle will be blown. This gives you a good advantage.

And if you get caught (IE, he doesn't even blow the whistle) you just get a caution.

I usually go for a single-leg, fireman's carry or a duck under