Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to start a match // get up after shot attempt

Default Re: How to start a match // get up after shot attempt

What is your "go to" shot? I agree it's all about creating angles.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by specialk View Post
    hey you replied to me awile back? its not even that i cant shoot i get the shot. i tried right off the bat to do it but he just gave me a hard cross face and got behind me. it doesnt really seem to work
    Plan your finish as you're walking back to the center.. know which way you plan to go, and immediately after you get in, finish. This is especially necessary if you are finishing with your head outside.

its the single...i almost always get it but often end up letting go because of the weight they put on top of me and the cross face...i often get the high croutch too

If you are getting buried underneath, I think you are not shooting through your opponent, you are only shooting to their leg. Just because you get to a leg doesn't mean you are getting a good shot.

Try switching of to a double sooner and driving across their hips same with the highcrotch try switching immediatley from a single to a double and drive across there hips at an angle not straight into them. If you are shooting straight into their hips it allows them to sprawl a counter with things like a crossface.

The faster you finish the shot the less time they have to counter.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton