Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Healing a hurt neck?

Default Re: Healing a hurt neck?

You know what sucks? Spinal injuries. If you refuse to go to the doctor, at least stop wrestling until you are better.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    You know what sucks? Spinal injuries. If you refuse to go to the doctor, at least stop wrestling until you are better.
    He is right. I hate when people tell me to go to the doctor too simply because I can't really afford it because I don't have insurance. But sometimes you just have no other choice. I know your position Brad but I recommend for you to go to the doctor if you don't notice any difference in the next day or two. Although according to the information you gave to me you seem to have a stiff neck. But if the problem persists for proximately 2 more days than God forbid you have something more troubling in your hands. Stiff necks don't last that long.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    He is right. I hate when people tell me to go to the doctor too simply because I can't really afford it because I don't have insurance. But sometimes you just have no other choice. I know your position Brad but I recommend for you to go to the doctor if you don't notice any difference in the next day or two. Although according to the information you gave to me you seem to have a stiff neck. But if the problem persists for proximately 2 more days than God forbid you have something more troubling in your hands. Stiff necks don't last that long.
    I can't stop wrestling even if I don't go to the doctor! I'm not in so much pain I can't wrestle. Prodigy I will take you advice. I have a dual tomorrow (Monday) and if it doesn't get better by Tuesday I will tell my coach I need to go see the football trainer and see what he can do for me. I don't like missing practice though. But if this is serious I need to fix it.

And if I were the trainer at that point I would say, "go see a doctor."
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Wrestling Prodigy - nice work diagnosing a neck injury over the internet - and recommending treatiment, to include continuing practice! Now tell me, if it turns out that the injury is a damaged vertibrae, or a pinched nerve, or a damaged disk, and he follows your advice, will your malpractice insurance cover his needs?
    MMA Brad - Out of all of the people who responded, only one didn't respond that you should see a doctor. Does that tell you anything? GO SEE A FRIGGING DOCTOR. TELL YOUR COACH YOU ARE INJURED. GO SEE A DOCTOR. STOP PRACTICING WITH A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS INJURY. GO SEE A DOCTOR.
    By the way, did I mention, GO SEE A DOCTOR!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Wrestling Prodigy - nice work diagnosing a neck injury over the internet - and recommending treatiment, to include continuing practice! Now tell me, if it turns out that the injury is a damaged vertibrae, or a pinched nerve, or a damaged disk, and he follows your advice
    There is no problem in diagnosing injuries and problems over the internet, there are a lot of forums that are actually meant just for that. It is the same thing as in real life but instead the person needing advice describes his symptoms and all in a delineate way. But Brad isn't delineate enough and I would feel extremely guilty if something happened to him due to me giving the wrong advice. So I'll just jump on the bandwagon and tell Brad this:

Go to the doctor.

The potential danger far exceeds what you might gain out of practice. So just be smart and take off practice until then.

There is no problem in diagnosing injuries and problems over the internet
    There is a problem when the person attempting to diagnose injuries doesn't know what they're talking about.

Redshirt

There is no problem in diagnosing injuries and problems over the internet, there are a lot of forums that are actually meant just for that. It is the same thing as in real life but instead the person needing advice describes his symptoms and all in a delineate way.
    and i wouldn't trust a sports doctor who did not give a thorough hands on examination before diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    There is a problem when the person attempting to diagnose injuries doesn't know what they're talking about.
    And your saying that I don't? I may not be as credible as a doctor but he is seeking the fellow TWT members' advice.

I guess the most credible advice I can give you brad is to tell you to post on this forum for advice. They are reliable. You get to ask actual doctors on this forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/133