Thread: Do I have a chance?

Hybrid View

Time Do I have a chance?

Hi,

I have just quit my high school wrestling team. It was my first year wrestling ever in my life. I am a sophmore so I started really late. The reason I quit was because I was way to overstressed with worrying about meets and practices. I don't know why I would get so nervous before practices. Probably because I got my but kicked by everyone. I just couldn't seem to do anything right when I would try to break someone down it didn't work. I couldn't get aggresive enough to go full bore. Well anyway I am going to train very hard for my Junior year and wonder if I have any chance of getting good enough my senior to be a State Champion. I am competing in Indiana which is a tough place to wrestle. Do I have any chance.

Default Re: Do I have a chance?

If you want to win state in wrestling you better go back out for the team first...

quitting isnt going to get u anywhere, and atleast, take this year to learn the basics, then work for it next year.

I'm on the same boat as you powerhouse. Screw wrestling i'm going to do jiu jitsu. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Powerhouse2.0 View Post
    Hi,

I have just quit my high school wrestling team. It was my first year wrestling ever in my life. I am a sophmore so I started really late. The reason I quit was because I was way to overstressed with worrying about meets and practices. I don't know why I would get so nervous before practices. Probably because I got my but kicked by everyone. I just couldn't seem to do anything right when I would try to break someone down it didn't work. I couldn't get aggresive enough to go full bore. Well anyway I am going to train very hard for my Junior year and wonder if I have any chance of getting good enough my senior to be a State Champion. I am competing in Indiana which is a tough place to wrestle. Do I have any chance.
    Why do you think that your mindset is going to change? What makes you think you will not quit then if you are already quitting now?

you will get nowhere by quitting

If you don't quit and work hard, wreslte year round I think you have a chance. There was a kid in Utah that started wrestling as a Sophmore, he sacrificed all his other sports and wrestle year round, took second in state his junior year, not sure how he did this year but i'm betting he took it

Laynerz, Who are you referring to?

Powerhouse, the greatest part of thissport is that hard work is repaid mightily. good luck