Thread: any technical and all other advice for a beginner?

Redshirt

Default any technical and all other advice for a beginner?

hii i am very new to this forum and i have wrestled before last year my sophmore year, but for only 1-3 months because well it all started good with my conditioning and all, and we started doing some sparring they call in wrestling called i guess " live wrestling" or something like sparring with your partners getting better and all.

well they put me against a senior that has been wrestling for 4 years, and me only 1-3 months, i didnt know much of what i was doing i was holding on and right when i seen an oppertunity for a double leg, i was ready to take him down, then i ended up getting slammed onto my face and injurying my tougue not being able to eat solid food for a week,

and my parents took me out of wrestling telling me they probably wont let me rejoin or do any wrestling again because they think im gunna get hurt badly.

so i plan on joining wrestling again my senior year, because i know they will most likely let me do that, i mean i wanna prove my self, because they thought i had some potiential for my weight for some reason,

i wanna know what weight lifting routines are ones that give you massive core and functional strength, also for types of muscular endurance,

for wrestlers, and not getting big, but just stronger and more conditioned, however i do plan on doing more then just weight lifting for conditioning

right now i am currently around 6,0 187-191 usually it flunctuates around the 188-190 mark

any amazing advice and all around beginner help is appreciated and all, i really was likeing wrestling and all until my parents took me out, and i am planning on making my return a better all around then last year.

Default Re: any technical and all other advice for a beginner?

I got a real good workout for you you can check out my last training log entry and what im doing tommorow its thejanitors training log but one of the best conditioning lift in my opinion you can do for Wrestling and MMA conditioning is The Randy couture Workout remember use 95 pounds and if thats to heavy probly not use 85 75 you want to do as many sets as you can without being able to lift anymore and when you cant do that lift anymore take a little break and try again here is a video of what it is

8x rows
    8x Upright rows
    8x millitary press
    8x Good Mornings
    8x Lunges each leg
    8x Squat and Press
    8x Deadlifts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpPHlDUC0Y"]YouTube- Randy Couture Daily Training[/ame]

Remember do each set without putting it down once

Also you can Do lots and lots Of Sprawls With Push ups in each one as fast as you can kind of like burpees will really help you with Sprawls and over all speed and conditioning Do lots of Sprints and if you can get a hold of any of the equipment for this work out do so i suggest getting the ropes i tried this at my freinds gym and it kills

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_aJhd9SfI"]YouTube- Undulation Rope Workout : Alternate Wave Technique for a Rope Undulation Workout[/ame]

And then just practice 2-3 takedowns 2-3 pins 1 escape 2 breakdowns and alot of counters thats really all i can do and if you can get most of this stuff do this workout here you will be puking most likely if your not in extremly good shape

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G61d0feaIg"]YouTube- Sean Sherk Workout[/ame]

Do lots of neck bridges and Do Rope and Weight pully for your Grip strength if you do all this youll be one of the best conditioned wrestlers next year good luck with next season

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HEUdLbz1i4&feature=related"]YouTube- Sean Sherk getting ready for Frankie Edgar[/ame]
    Last edited by The Janitor; 04-10-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.