Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can u get a explosive double leg?

Redshirt

Default Re: How can u get a explosive double leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Run through your opponent, Don't stop at the shot. Try hitting him in the chest, just below his solar plexus - tap the back of the knees and just keep running.
    I couldn't agree more with this statement, as well as the statement regarding technique. If you hit a good, clean shot and _really_ penetrate, you don't need to be a beast.

One thing which may help you visualize "running through" or getting deep penetration is to concentrate where you want to be, and where you want your opponent to be, as you are taking them down. Your target should not be the opponent's legs, but rather a foot behind. This way your mind won't reflexively tell you to "slow down" for the impact, and you won't have a softened blow.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanSilver View Post
    I couldn't agree more with this statement, as well as the statement regarding technique. If you hit a good, clean shot and _really_ penetrate, you don't need to be a beast.

One thing which may help you visualize "running through" or getting deep penetration is to concentrate where you want to be, and where you want your opponent to be, as you are taking them down. Your target should not be the opponent's legs, but rather a foot behind. This way your mind won't reflexively tell you to "slow down" for the impact, and you won't have a softened blow.
    This- and what Schlottke said. Aim for a spot behind your opponent, start low, and keep moving your feet. Personally, I liked to lift my opponent up just a little, then bring one arm up to an underhook position (while still runnning forward) while keeping the other down behind the knees. Not sure that's a technically correct finish but it puts people right on their backs and you can score pins that way- just make sure you are in good position so you don't get thrown.

along with scholttke,i would say this: kettlebells,kettlebells,kettlebells! nothing is more explosive than working with kettlebells...every movement with a kettlebell is explosive through the legs and core...definitely include them in youre training regiment;look up a wokrout with them..theres a great workout on youtube with a some wrestler performing them,look it up,youll see what im talking about
    J Robinson 28 Day 2010-I Did It