Thread: Firefox vs IE

Default Firefox vs IE

The various discussions on Firefox vs IE have me wondering. I use Firefox on my computer, but at every job I've had, the only option is IE. Why? Is IE much safer for a business environment as far as protecting confidential/proprietary info against hackers or what's the deal there?
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Default Re: Firefox vs IE

IE comes preinstalled on corporate computers and they generally also have software installed to prevent users from adding their own.

IE is actually a very reliable software title with one major flaw- it was too popular... this popularity leads to greater financial gains from "cracking" it and exposing the end users financial or personal data.

FireFox (like Mac) is a safer product because it isn't as well known and it is a better product for a "computer power user" (someone who is online way longer than they should be) because it allows for much better customization through their addons:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/recommended
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...l?sort=popular

Firefox 3 is By FAR the best for viewing this forum. Watch how much more clearly the images in the menu appear.

Thanks Schlottke. I figured it was something like that. I do wish we'd get the new version of IE so I could at least use tabs.

Also, didn't know Firefox 3 was out. Thanks.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    Thanks Schlottke. I figured it was something like that. I do wish we'd get the new version of IE so I could at least use tabs.

Also, didn't know Firefox 3 was out. Thanks.

It isn't really out yet.. the RC3 means "Release Candidate 3", so it's close... and completely safe. It will update automatically when the GOLD release comes out.

Dear Mr. Schlottke,
    My firefox is displaying topics kinda weird. The "Bookmarks" header is way to the right and its kind of annoying. Could fix that please? Thanks.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Dear Mr. Schlottke,
    My firefox is displaying topics kinda weird. The "Bookmarks" header is way to the right and its kind of annoying. Could fix that please? Thanks.

Yeah, Ill get that fixed today some time probably.