Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Website Divided Cannot Stand

Default A Website Divided Cannot Stand

Re: Wrestling Talk Topics / General Discussion

I don't like it.

1. The titles of the forums speak for themselves - all the real (see #2) "wrestling topics" have the word "wrestling" in them, and each forum has a more than adequate (much more than adequate) description under the title. It's a superfluous division and makes the website look more complicated than it has to be.

2. Why is MMA, UFC & Boxing included in Wrestling Talk Topics?

When you tweak something too much, it becomes painful.
    Last edited by Spider; 05-07-2008 at 07:16 PM.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Default Re: A Website Divided Cannot Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Re: Wrestling Talk Topics / General Discussion

I don't like it.

1. The titles of the forums speak for themselves - all the real (see #2) "wrestling topics" have the word "wrestling" in them, and each forum has a more than adequate (much more than adequate) description under the title. It's a superfluous division and makes the website look more complicated than it has to be.

2. Why is MMA, UFC & Boxing included in Wrestling Talk Topics?

When you tweak something too much, it becomes painful.
    The subtopics are broken down like this for use in the admin back-end. Its going to be "a bit too much" of a description when you've used the forum for as long as you have but it will keep new users confined within the proper category.

Without going too deep into the Internet marketing side of things- we are splitting the content based upon how accurately it portrays what TWT is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    The subtopics are broken down like this for use in the admin back-end. Its going to be "a bit too much" of a description when you've used the forum for as long as you have but it will keep new users confined within the proper category.

Without going too deep into the Internet marketing side of things- we are splitting the content based upon how accurately it portrays what TWT is all about.
    Oh, okay. It's really not a big deal, but I do kind of cringe a little when I see MMA, UFC & Boxing grouped along with wrestling. Without going into detail (unless you want me to), they are very different sports and shouldn't be in that category. Just my opinion, and of course you know that I have nothing but praise for the way things are handled here.

I changed the words from TheWrestlingTalk to TWT so there is no confusion.

Old people will always find something to bitch about! They like how things were "back in the day." Pretty soon he'll be saying stuff about how his good friend Ben Franklin used to do things!
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Old people will always find something to bitch about! They like how things were "back in the day." Pretty soon he'll be saying stuff about how his good friend Ben Franklin used to do things!
    Hey, who are you calling, old. Why I oughta . . . er . . . what was I going to say? Ahh, nevermind. Is it time for my walk yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Hey, who are you calling, old. Why I oughta . . . er . . . what was I going to say? Ahh, nevermind. Is it time for my walk yet?
    After your meds and some bird watching but before the evening game of bingo.

Hey, Spider - I hear we get jello for desert tonight!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Red with whipped cream?