Thread: MyWrestlingTalk Profiles -- Please Read/Respond

Default MyWrestlingTalk Profiles -- Please Read/Respond

I'm working on finalizing the MyWrestlingTalk profiles, and Shane and I wanted to get some feedback before moving this into the position of the full time Profiles here at TheWrestlingTalk.com. If you don't know what I'm talking about, http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/z/in...file=Schlottke is the link to my profile.

The Concept
    The idea behind this tool is to facilitate friendly contact between forum members. I've to be speaking with Leroy Vega, J Robinson, Ben Askren, etc. to create a profile so that we can see how their training or season is going. Everything looks great on that end. The goal of this is to create a community around wrestling that everyone can interact with.

The Tools
    Right now I have blogging, video, audio, and photography set up as the main additions to the profiles. I would love to hear more. We also plan on integrating the Arcade championships, and Forum Events you win. (We will be running contests for $50 amazon.com gift cards a couple times a month).

What We Need
    Feedback. Let me know what you have as far as questions go. Any suggestions, etc.

To find yours.... Click the Profile link in the Navigation Bar, or Click on your name, and view your profile- then click Check out MyWrestlingTalk.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 05-11-2007 at 06:20 PM.

Default Re: MyWrestlingTalk Profiles -- Please Read/Respond

Look at all of the litigation Facebook and MySpace are up against. Nice idea but still, you're placing the site in that same category and as result, the potential for the same legal consequences. Do you really want to go down that road ? There are already "wrestling buddy" spaces on both.

The difference is that MySpace and Facebook have millions of members, with millions of different backgrounds, all coming together. Wrestling is a small community with very little potential for anything you are alluding to (Sex cases, Harassment, infringement, etc) occurring. Since the community is small enough, this can all be monitored in a much less algorithmic manner. Long story short- lawsuits don't occur until your website is worth a lot of money. Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube all received their first high profile lawsuits after they were declared million (or billion) dollar web properties.

Oh, and to answer the "down that road" question... if it made the site worth 1.65 bil (YouTube), 1 bil (Yahoo's Facebook offer), or 4 bil (MySpace's current estimated worth) I'd take a couple lawsuits in most cases.

Yeah, I gotta say that I would too...