Thread: Admin Announcement Forum

Default Admin Announcement Forum

Admin Announcement Forum?"

Hi guys, great job you're doing to improve and promote the site, but I have a suggestion to consider.

I read in the Non Wrestling Talk Forum that you have made another recent upgrade to the community. Great job. But since visitors/members might not know too look or search the NWT Forum for site upgrade information, do you think there is any value in creating an Admin Announcement Forum? This could be an one-stop shopping place for visitors/members to check for a list of past and recent upgrades as well as other global community annoucements.

An additional thought would be to then consider moving the current Site Suggestions & Feedback Forum as a subforum of the Admin Announcement Forum. They seem related and suggestions might be considered subordinate to the Admin Announcement Forum. Anyway it is just a thought to further professionalize the site...not that you are lacking in that area.

Also, are your moderators assigned to moderate certain forums? If so, it might be an idea to list the forum's moderator name in small print below the forum title (on the main page) so if someone wished to discuss an issue they know who to go to directly. Then of course the moderator could percolate the question/issue up the chain to an Admin if necessary.

I hope you don't interpret these suggestions as insulting or that I feel you are doing something wrong. They're just a couple of thoughts I wanted to share. You decide if they hold any usefulness.

Keep up the good work.

--pm

PS: Sorry, I did title this when writing my post but when I previewed it before posting the system removed it. I had this originally titled, "Admin Announcement Forum?"

Default Re: Admin Announcement Forum

Hi guys, great job you're doing to improve and promote the site, but I have a suggestion to consider.

I read in the Non Wrestling Talk Forum that you have made another recent upgrade to the community. Great job. But since visitors/members might not know too look or search the NWT Forum for site upgrade information, do you think there is any value in creating an Admin Announcement Forum? This could be an one-stop shopping place for visitors/members to check for a list of past and recent upgrades as well as other global community announcements.

An additional thought would be to then consider moving the current Site Suggestions & Feedback Forum as a subforum of the Admin Announcement Forum. They seem related and suggestions might be considered subordinate to the Admin Announcement Forum. Anyway it is just a thought to further professionalize the site...not that you are lacking in that area.

I am in the process of going back to all of my previous posts about updates and creating one large walk through for the forum. This will be an external library which will cover all of our major addons, and how to use them. As we have added around 20 components (most of which are released) the descriptions will take a bit of time.

Also, are your moderators assigned to moderate certain forums? If so, it might be an idea to list the forum's moderator name in small print below the forum title (on the main page) so if someone wished to discuss an issue they know who to go to directly. Then of course the moderator could percolate the question/issue up the chain to an Admin if necessary.

The Moderators are board-wide, 99% of issues can be brought up directly on the forum... major catastrophes can be sent directly to the admin (JensenS)

I hope you don't interpret these suggestions as insulting or that I feel you are doing something wrong. They're just a couple of thoughts I wanted to share. You decide if they hold any usefulness.

Keep up the good work.

Definitely do not find them insulting- keep them coming!

--pm

PS: Sorry, I did title this when writing my post but when I previewed it before posting the system removed it. I had this originally titled, "Admin Announcement Forum?"

fixed.

Default Re: Admin Announcement Forum

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post

Just in case you haven't seen, or just for anyone else in general, our small list of moderators can be found at the bottom of the front page by clicking on "Forum Leaders" as of right now the following individuals have the power to deal with, stuff.

Myself, Schlottke, and DH all have Administrator power, however Schlottke and DH have it mainly for making modifications to the site and not for moderating.

Then Wiltz, Ugly, and fanforlife all got appointed as Moderators after the craziness in a certain thread at the beginning of the summer.

I'd prefer problems be brought to me directly so that if a call needs to be made, I can make it, and if people don't like it the heat can come down on me and not on Wiltz, Ugly, and fan who have volunteered to do this.

However due to the fact that I can't be around all the time, problems can be directed to them as well.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12