Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputation Points?

Default Reputation Points?

What are they? I have comments, how can I figure out who is saying what to me?

Default Re: Reputation Points?

If you approve or disapprove of something some posted you can exalt (add to reputation) or smite (subtract reputation points). It is all in fun. I gave you a welcome exalt. If you look at Big I think his reputation is red(negative). We used it allot at the beginning I don't think people pay much attention to it now.

You can see what you've gotten, and what people have said to you by clicking on "User CP" in your Nav bar.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Thanks, Shane. I had no idea about this feature.

Being a member of this group is sort of like being the first-time owner of a brand-new Lexus. Every so often, I find out some cool new feature built into this forum that I had no idea was "standard equipment." I for one appreciate all that you've done to make this forum so great.

Mark

Olympic Champ

I've tried to add reputation points only to be told I must "spread some reputation around". In other words, apparently because I gave points to the same person the last time or two, it won't let me do more. Given that I'm not one normally inclined to great exaltations, it troubles me that I can't give points when so inclined.

Send me a PM and I will fix the setting so you can vote more than twice... I am just on my way out the door for a week, but when I get back, it will get done.

I should be able to take care of it if Schlottke doesn't get to it, as I was the one to set it that way. Just trying to give everyone the shot at some rep, can't please you people at all.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Olympic Champ

I can see the need for some sort of governor--so, for example, an obsessed poster (they are out there) doesn't flood another with ill repute, but like I said, I don't give exalts everyday (or even every week) so it seems funny that we would be restricted in this way. Perhaps there's a happy medium somewhere.

I thought I only had it set so you'd give one to someone, then you'd have to give one to one, or maybe two other people before you could give to that same person again. Never the less, I'll look into it.