Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 21

Thread: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

  1. #10
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback (news, bio, voting record), former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo.

    I suspect Brownback (he is from Kansas afterall) was honest in his hand raise. I think the other two were pandering to a base in order to gain credibility in already dead campaigns.

  2. #11
    National Finalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    832

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    Quote Originally Posted by zappacy View Post
    The difference is that the democratic candidates(Edwards,Obama,Clinton and Richardson) even with there professed belief in a higher power, still believe in a separation of church and state.
    Incredibly stupid statement.

  3. #12
    Olympic Champ ISU2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,305

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback (news, bio, voting record), former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo.

    I suspect Brownback (he is from Kansas afterall) was honest in his hand raise. I think the other two were pandering to a base in order to gain credibility in already dead campaigns.
    I wouldn't say credibility is the right word, maybe publicity.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

  4. #13

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    Quote Originally Posted by ctc View Post
    Incredibly stupid statement.
    Boy coachie you sure do have an incredibly large stick up your ass.
    Last edited by zappacy; 06-03-2007 at 03:54 AM.
    "I like my antiques new " - Steve Martin

  5. #14
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    I just got back from my weekend and read this. I am not indifferent to religion. It plays an important part in many people's lives and I respect that. It just doesn't play an important part in mine, and I expect people to respect that as well. I believe that religion has it's place in society, and there are places wher it doesn't belong. In an ideal world, I agree with Big's statement"

    "I don't think words "faith" or "religion" are even appropriate in anything related to Presidential elections.
    Talk about morals but not about religion."


    although, I realize that practically speaking, Matclone is right when he says:

    "Big, like it or not, religion is important to many Americans, and their vote will be influenced by such matters, the same way they're influenced by many other things that you might find irrelevant"
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    The evolution question in the debate was a pretty lousy question in my opinion. There are several aspects of evolution and varying degrees of scientific concensus on them. For example I'd assume that all the candidates believe that species adapt (if food grows higher on trees the species will get taller) but they might not believe that all life came from the same single celled organisms. So if they believe one and not the other how are they supposed to answer that question?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  7. #16
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    The evolution question in the debate was a pretty lousy question in my opinion. There are several aspects of evolution and varying degrees of scientific concensus on them. For example I'd assume that all the candidates believe that species adapt (if food grows higher on trees the species will get taller) but they might not believe that all life came from the same single celled organisms. So if they believe one and not the other how are they supposed to answer that question?
    They should answer it the way you did. Evolution vs. creation has becomed a black and white litmus test (okay, red and blue), just like pro-life or pro-choice. As you pointed out, there are varying degrees of grey in both issues.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  8. #17
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    Spider,

    Stop being so vanilla will you please? Creation is not even grey. Its all black.

    I am proud monkeys are my long time ancestors. They are sweet animals.

  9. #18
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Hey Spider and others indifferent to religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Spider,

    Stop being so vanilla will you please? Creation is not even grey. Its all black.

    I am proud monkeys are my long time ancestors. They are sweet animals.

    Yes, Biblical creation is a yes or no issue, but you can doubt aspects of evolution without being a creationist.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •