Thread: Chris Matthews owns radio host

Default Chris Matthews owns radio host

This is 7 minutes long, but funny as hell.

http://break.com/index/chris-matthew...tchid=NTA0MjEy

Default Re: Chris Matthews owns radio host

Kind of speaks to the intelligence level of some of the people that they recruit on these "news" shows just to scream at one another.

Send that dude back to an 8th grade history class so he can gain some semblance of knowledge of history.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

LOL. A bit embarassing for the poor guy, no?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I think Kevin James is one of the worst people they could have had on the show. But, he was right in assessing Chamberlain's appeasement, for which he was infamously known. Also, did anyone else notice how Matthews shut up when James brought up how many terrorist attacks occurred during the Clinton administration? Did anyone notice that Matthews said, "Didn't the Cole happen under Bush"? The answer is NO, the Cole was bombed on October 12, 2000, which was nearly a month BEFORE Bush was elected, and more than 3 months before Bush took office!

Before we say that Matthews "owned" anybody, we should understand that his twisted view of history and his thinking that the Cole attack went UN-RETALIATED under Bush is far from reality.

skipster, while all that is true, it is neither here nor there. The guy looked like a retard. And he made it worse by blathering on and on about appeasement instead of just admitting he didn't know.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Sure, he looked AWFUL on that show. I'm surprised Matthews let the stuttering and screaming go on as long as he did. I just think that Matthews got it thrown back at him and didn't know how to handle it, so he shot back something about the Cole that was blatantly incorrect. He railed against Kevin James for not sharing the same interpretation of a person's actions (common to many on the left), but he then made a historically FALSE statment.

The whole thing about Neville Chamberlain was all about interpretation -- all about subjectives. Chamberlain thought that if you talked to Hitler and gave in a little bit, he woudn't want more, which is what he tried to do when he gave Hitler portions of Czechoslavia and Ireland. Some on the left think the same way in regards to Hamass and Iran. Some call his actions appeasement, some call it something else. But, that is all up to interpretation and Matthews is telling James that he knows nothing about history because he interpreted Chamberlain's actions differently than Matthews did.

But, how can Matthews berate James and tell him that he has no knowledge of history when Matthews himself doesn't even know that the Cole, an attack on AMERICAN SOLDIERS that happened MUCH more recently than Chamberlain's shenangians, was committed under Clinton??

James merely thought differently than Matthews. Why can't Matthews be more tolerant of different interpretations, like he screams that conservatives should be? The total hypocrisy here comes when Matthews berates James for not knowing history (though he clearly did), then Matthews doesn't know history, either.

Speaking of talk show hosts making fools of themselves, Ed Schultz called Bush an idiot on Hardball today. Matthews didn't take kindly to it and essentially cut him off. Even though I agree with Schultz about 50% of the time, going on national TV and calling the pres an idiot doesn't advance the discussion.

I'm glad Matthews smited him (even though I can't stand Bush).

Quote Originally Posted by skipster View Post
    He railed against Kevin James for not sharing the same interpretation of a person's actions (common to many on the left), but he then made a historically FALSE statment.

The whole thing about Neville Chamberlain was all about interpretation -- all about subjectives. Chamberlain thought that if you talked to Hitler and gave in a little bit, he woudn't want more, which is what he tried to do when he gave Hitler portions of Czechoslavia and Ireland. ....

The total hypocrisy here comes when Matthews berates James for not knowing history (though he clearly did), then Matthews doesn't know history, either.
    Tell me a little about Neville Chamberlain giving part of Ireland to Hitler. I mean, the Czechoslovakia thing is well-known, but I'd be interested to learn this important bit of Irish history.

The House of Chamberlain is as about as weird as it gets -Sir Houston ''channeled '' a novel and was a huge occultist -he was an ardent admirer of all things German , especially Wagner . I believe the Nazi's used excerpts from his novel as propaganda .

You must remember to put all this into the context of the times -I mean , Hitler was Time magazines man of the year and a lot of British didn't want another war -also , at about this same time , Joseph Kenedy pronounced Democracy was dead and Fascism was the future , that is why he was returned to the states in total discrace .

Hitler was greatly inflenced by Karl Haushofer and his idea of ''living space''-that is why Hitler was so adamant about the Danzig corridor -he needed access to the sea .

Also Chamberlain was disgusted by the treaty of Versailles -leaving Germany destitute morally and financially . Berlin was the ''Tiajuana''of Europe -and Chamberlain liked Germany ,just as granddaddy and daddy did-he was a fan of the term Aryan [which simply means a white person ] and was a lover of Anglo/Saxon stories and a big plus here -He hated Churchhill with a passion .Often referring to him as that drunken pervert.