Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We will have our own serf-like workers

Olympic Champ

Default Re: We will have our own serf-like workers

What doesn't he blame on immigrants? You think I'm stupid or something?

No racism? Yeah, you do think I'm a friggin' idiot--and everyone else too. I've seen the anti-Mexican crowd, small, sad, pathetic looking, telling each other and anyone who'll listen "I am not a racist". I dont' care who Dobbs is married to. That doesn't change his "stategy" or his steady barrage of fabrications.

What part of racism don't you understand?

And why can you not understand that there is a major difference between being anti-immigrant and anti-illegal-immigrant? Granted that there are numerous people that are anti-mexican but at the same time there are a lot of level headed people that want things done with order and regiment. For you to group all together is no better than the thing you are trying to defend.

I swore i was done debating this issue with you and I still am but you chatised hardcore about being misinformed and then you spout all of this misinformation about someone you obviously no nothing about but what his opponents have spouted.
    Again i ask you to prove your allegations of "steady barrage of fabrications".

Olympic Champ

King Kong, I've provided plenty of evidence before on a variety of immigration issues, and you've shown no willingness to engage any that material. It seems you are going to believe what you want to believe, and there's nothing I can say that will persuade you otherwise. Nonetheless, here's an article from a NY Times business writer on the fabrications of Dobbs with respect to immigration:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/bu...GtyepYTk7slUBw

I understand perfectly well the distinction b/t legal and illegal immigration, and when I refer to the anti-Mexican or anti-immigrant crowd, I'm not referring to anyone who favors restricting immigration. I am referring to those who incessantly exaggerate and perpetuate falsehoods on the issue.

Let me rebut a couple of points from your article:

Finally, Mr. Dobbs is fond of darkly hinting that this country is under attack. He suggested last week that the new immigration bill in Congress could be the first step toward a new nation ? a ?North American union? ? that combines the United States, Canada and Mexico
    its a reality see http://www.spp.gov

On other occasions, his program has described a supposed Mexican plot to reclaim the Southwest.
    Also a truth see: http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~mecha/plan.html

In one such report, one of his correspondents referred to a Utah visit by Vicente Fox, then Mexico?s president, as a ?Mexican military incursion.?
    The military incursion is also real, i think the writer of the story is grouping two different reports http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2754-5788r.htm

This is what i meant on calling you out about Lou Dobbs, he might have twisted the numbers a bit on the leprosy thing...and he should issue an apology on it...but for you to form an opinion of him as a racist spewing hatemonger based on one article written by a writer that is also spinning the truth is the very thing you accuse others of doing.

Olympic Champ

I'm not basing my opinion on one article. But you can exaggerate and shoot down the evidence on that basis if you like. Spare me your bullshit about Dobbs not representing racism. Clearly if racism doesn't affect YOU, you, in your white privilege, can dismiss it all together. We've been doing that for 400 years (oh wait, for first 350, no one dared even ask). Go take comfort and solace with the idiot crowd, Kong, where they'll sooth you and tell you all this stuff about racism is just a bad dream and aren't these just AWFUL people who would even think that?

Why even argue with me about this Kong? Go listen to the pimps (Dobbs et al) and hobnob with the idiots (the talk radio crowd). You will never, ever, hear a dissenting opinion and your sense of the world will be so much simpler.
    Last edited by matclone; 05-30-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Why even argue with me about this Kong?
    I thought this time around we might be able to have a civil discussion about this but i see that you cannot do it without attacking and playing the race card for whatever reason. I give you solid rebuttal to your writers' claims and you revert to name calling and unfounded attacks. I really don't understand it. You have a pre-conceived notion about anyone that doesn't agree with your point of view on this issue but there is more to it than just race as you think....

When we first discussed this on the other board I have to admit that I took a step back and looked inside myself to see if it really was a racial thing and after a lot of thought I came to the conclusion that I am not. I am not going to claim that I have plenty of latino friends or whatever but i encounter them everyday and there is no loathing or hatred towards these people.

Olympic Champ

I thought this time around we might be able to have a civil discussion about this

I guess not. Cause you keep bringing up the idiot stuff about Mexican invasion and conquest. Sorry if my reaction isn't so civil. Like I suggested before, you must think I'm an idiot. You insult me and everyone else with that crap. On the other hand, if you think it's real, then you're talking to the wrong person altogether.

As for the racism business, well, you have to know something about the nature of racism more than in a superficial way. But, like I said, that's part of white privilege. You can ignore it or dismiss it and seldom will anyone call you on it. When I say Dobbs is engaged in fostering racism, you in turn deflect the argument on yourself, as if I called you a racist. I didn't.