Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 42

Thread: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

  1. #1
    NCAA Champ ccbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Playboy.com journalist Mike Guy underwent waterboarding by a trained member of the U.S. military in the site's new Lab Rat feature.

    Guy bet that he could endure 15 seconds of the interrogation technique used by the Bush administration on al Qaeda chief Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah.

    Watch the results:


    <embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/1579920046" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=20047560001&playerId=1579920046 &viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false& " base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>
    If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them.

    ~Paul Wellstone~

  2. #2

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Yup. This is what we now stand for.

    But wait...don't question it. Noooo...you can't do that. Then you're not a patriot. Then you hate this country. What you're suppose to do is sit by quietly while it goes to hell because you don't want to be the guy who questions it.


    God I'm glad those clowns are finally gone and we've got some actual human beings running things again.
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  3. #3

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger84 View Post
    Yup. This is what we now stand for.

    But wait...don't question it. Noooo...you can't do that. Then you're not a patriot. Then you hate this country. What you're suppose to do is sit by quietly while it goes to hell because you don't want to be the guy who questions it.


    God I'm glad those clowns are finally gone and we've got some actual human beings running things again.
    +1. I don't know how anyone can say that water boarding isn't torture. The purpose is to make someone feel like their dying. Sounds like torture to me. Also, I just read that we did this over 180 time to Khalid Sheik Mohammed. If the guy didn't talk after, I don't know, say the first 50, what makes anyone think he will after 180? Or better yet, that he will be telling the truth when and if he finally does?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    I know this wont be a popular opinion, but Im all for waterboarding these terrorist fu*ks(not the playboy dude though). if it gets us information that helps then thats good, if not then so be it. its not like this country has absolutely abstained from torturing anyone during conflict until GWB came along.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I know this wont be a popular opinion, but Im all for waterboarding these terrorist fu*ks(not the playboy dude though). if it gets us information that helps then thats good, if not then so be it. its not like this country has absolutely abstained from torturing anyone during conflict until GWB came along.
    I am sure all countries have resorted to torture at some point (whether right or wrong,) but for a president to publicly endorse it, is to ensure that it happens to our soldiers when captured. If they were going to do it to you, why not do it to them? Also, information coming from torture victims is notoriously unreliable. People will say anything you want if you threaten to kill them.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I know this wont be a popular opinion, but Im all for waterboarding these terrorist fu*ks(not the playboy dude though). if it gets us information that helps then thats good, if not then so be it. its not like this country has absolutely abstained from torturing anyone during conflict until GWB came along.
    I agree, i actually don't have a problem with waterboarding. You can call me anything you want to but it has saved American lives.

    There was an article on www.cnsnews.com that talked about how the information they uncovered stopped a 9-11 type attack on LA.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    I agree, i actually don't have a problem with waterboarding. You can call me anything you want to but it has saved American lives.

    There was an article on www.cnsnews.com that talked about how the information they uncovered stopped a 9-11 type attack on LA.

    I'm not even a little bit surprised.


    And you and people of your ilk are why America which used to be revered around the world is now hated. We have the audacity to try and be the morality police and then torture people?


    But...you see nothing wrong with it because an article said they got information.


    Did you also see the article where we had people confessing to crimes in which they already found the killer?
    "The true and present danger to America is conservatism!" -Abraham Lincoln

  8. #8
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,966

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I know this wont be a popular opinion, but Im all for waterboarding these terrorist fu*ks(not the playboy dude though). if it gets us information that helps then thats good, if not then so be it. its not like this country has absolutely abstained from torturing anyone during conflict until GWB came along.
    who is to make the judgement on who is a a terrorist fu*k?
    With some it seems obvious (Khalid Sheik Mohammed, for one). There will be other cases were it might seem obvious that they are terrorists and we end up being wrong. I think of that guy who was accused on planting the pipe bombs at the Atlanta Olympics.
    Imagine the same circumstances, except GWB was President and that guy was of Arab descent. At the time it seemed likely that he was guilty (I would have been willing to lock him up based on the info that was leaked). It also would have been likely to assume that more bombs would have been planted and torturing him had a good chance for saving lives.
    So why take the risk, a little waterboarding might save some lives.

    It is documented that the information coming from people who have been tortured is unreliable.
    I believe it is just as hard to trust information coming from people who are promoting the torture. What are they going to say? We tortured these guys and got no useful information, but want to continue to torture in the future.

  9. #9
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,966

    Default Re: Waterboarding... Could you last 15 seconds?

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    I am sure all countries have resorted to torture at some point (whether right or wrong,) but for a president to publicly endorse it, is to ensure that it happens to our soldiers when captured. If they were going to do it to you, why not do it to them? Also, information coming from torture victims is notoriously unreliable. People will say anything you want if you threaten to kill them.
    I agree strongly with this point.
    If any our soldiers are captured, could we express outrage if they are tortured.

    Ranger, also brings up another point, which has bother me for some time, which is questioning people's patriotism who object to Bush's "aggressive" terror-fighting policies. Cheney was the king of this and seems to be continuing.

    Finally, Youtube is blocked at my work but not Playboy.TV. How does that make sense? I started watching the video at work and then decided I did not want any content from Playboy streaming to work computer.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •