Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presidential Candidates

You know there was a time when people just thought they would always be ruled by a King. There was a time when we thought Black people would have no rights in this country. There was a time we thought everything was impossible to fix. I think that if more people paid attention to politics and took an active role we could change things. If we could write bills ourselves and get petitions there could be change. If we didnt just vote for those who get the TV time we could change things.

Olympic Champ

You know there was a time when people just thought they would always be ruled by a King. There was a time when we thought Black people would have no rights in this country. There was a time we thought everything was impossible to fix. I think that if more people paid attention to politics and took an active role we could change things.

Totally agree. However, think about this the next you see someone protesting (taking an active role) and you don't like it. The civil rights movement was carried on largely through protest.

If we could write bills ourselves and get petitions there could be change. If we didnt just vote for those who get the TV time we could change things.

I don't know if I said this on this thread or another, but those with TV time are holding a lot of cards (power). They hold nearly a full deck: they own the table, and they control the venue (which often includes plying us with drinks and favors). We voters have none of this except that we do hold the trump card--the vote. Will we play it?
    Last edited by matclone; 04-04-2007 at 11:25 AM.