Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia has a new president

Default Russia has a new president

Western leaders have congratulated Dmitry Medvedev on becoming Russia's new president, but Western observers have highlighted flaws in the election.
    European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said he was confident that the EU-Russia "strategic partnership" would develop.

German congratulations were mixed with regret about apparent irregularities. Mr Medvedev, 42, won by a landslide.

In Moscow, police arrested dozens of people ahead of an opposition rally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7274395.stm

I think there will noly be true democracy in Russia, when Russia is weak and obedient.

Hopefully we will see another strong Russian leader who does not follow the criminal status quo of the west.

Default Re: Russia has a new president

You'd be part of that "criminal status quo of the West" Mr. Proud Citizen of the EU.

Olympic Champ

It was a tough fight! Congratulations to the new Russian bear President.

It was a tough fight!

Yeah, it was a real nail-biter.

Jensens, the Eu as a whole is not bad, unfuortunately i live in one of the worst offending nations.

Iraq war
    Not condemning the bombing of Lebanon
    Afghanistan war
    Tony Blair in general

Give me an F-ing break. I hope Russia will pull its head out of its ass and realize they are not a world power but just a pain in the wests ass. I don't see how anyone can be proud of a nation where they cant even hold a decent election. Instead they lie about it being democratic because they are scared of what the rest of the world will think. If they are so proud of their political system then call it what it is, a dictatorship. What a bunch of pansies.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Give me an F-ing break. I hope Russia will pull its head out of its ass and realize they are not a world power but just a pain in the wests ass. I don't see how anyone can be proud of a nation where they cant even hold a decent election. Instead they lie about it being democratic because they are scared of what the rest of the world will think. If they are so proud of their political system then call it what it is, a dictatorship. What a bunch of pansies.
    Well, I don't care much for Democracy so elections don't mean much to me. I actually like Russians making a mockery out of the process.

Why should they come out and say they don't like Democracy? The way they are doing it nobody can accuse them of anything while they get the result they need. Perfect! Why ruin relationships with anyone?
    Last edited by Big; 03-03-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Olympic Champ

By the way Ugly, I doubt you would like the alternatives. The other two most prominent candidates were the leader of the Communist Party and an ultra-Nationalist who wants to blow up Israel.
    Last edited by Big; 03-03-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Ugly in fairness Bush lost the popular vote in America. Not exactly democracy.

I think any form of government which equals strength is good be it a dictator, democracy, decentralised power or whatever means.

Afterall that is the point of government.

Lets face it we all know Putin and most probably Medvedev are strong leaders.