Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Slay is a communist in disguise

Olympic Champ

Default Brandon Slay is a communist in disguise

In the following two quotes substitute Marx wherever you see the word God :

"God is really teaching me today that there is a lot to learn from the Old Testament," Slay says. "You see how many times they [the Israelites] fell and worshiped false idols, and then you realize that we are doing the same things today — worshiping fame, fortune, and ourselves."

"We all can't win gold medals. There will be times when you put forth all of your effort and it doesn't work out," Slay says. "God has made me realize that if I am obedient and do my best, He will take care of the rest."

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_m...D50019,00.html

See how he is ripping capitalism? Yes we do in America worship money, greed, fame and such way too much! In fact, American economy and culture depend on it.

Default Re: Brandon Slay is a communist in disguise

I don't see where Slay says that we should all earn gold medals ro that we should all be assured of equal outcomes.

In fact, I see from his statement that he supports capitalism. He supports doing his best, putting forth his best effort, regardless of the outcome. He understands that we can't win all the time, but that doesn't stop him from trying. He is also exercising religious freedom -- which goes part and parcel with capitalism.

Understand that greed and fame don't run capitalism. Freedom is the most important factor in capitalsim. If we are all free to pursue our own best interests, we all get what we want. Communism ensures that no one has the opportunity to change his situation and get what he wants.

Olympic Champ

Understand that greed and fame don't run capitalism.

$$$$ drive capitalism. The more $$$ a person sees, the more he likes capitalism.

He supports doing his best, putting forth his best effort, regardless of the outcome.

Exact premise of communism. In capitalsim a person does nothing unless there is a high chance of profit.

It is odd hearing such religious people.

Skipster is a good example of how indoctrinated Americans are.

You think I'm indoctrinated?! This country has lasted 231 years with a capitalist economy. Communist Russia (beginning with the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917) lasted only 74 years (ending with the end of the Soviet Union in 1991).

Why are you guys so attached to a LOSING cause?! Why do you so staunchly and blindly support something that DOES NOT WORK?!

You can dron on until you're blue in the face about how indoctrinated you think I am, but I have the data that proves my thought process works and I have teh hisroty that proves my thought process can survive.

All you have is something that has proven over and over not to work and something that couldn't last a third of the time the free society has.

Keep living your dreams, boys. Freedom is the reality.

This is hilarious. Seriously, thanks for the laugh guys.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by skipster View Post
    You think I'm indoctrinated?! This country has lasted 231 years with a capitalist economy. Communist Russia (beginning with the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917) lasted only 74 years (ending with the end of the Soviet Union in 1991).

Why are you guys so attached to a LOSING cause?! Why do you so staunchly and blindly support something that DOES NOT WORK?!

You can dron on until you're blue in the face about how indoctrinated you think I am, but I have the data that proves my thought process works and I have teh hisroty that proves my thought process can survive.

All you have is something that has proven over and over not to work and something that couldn't last a third of the time the free society has.

Keep living your dreams, boys. Freedom is the reality.
    skipster,

The question you should ask is "Why is Brandon Slay so much into communism?"

This point is moot because Brandon Slay is not a Gold Medalist. He's a joker and an embarrassment.

Because they are confusing contrarianism with intelligence.