Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: European Union vs The United States of America

Default Re: European Union vs The United States of America

Chance, if someone invade's your country and you fight them, you are not the bad guy. Invading a country to set up a government is wrong, revolution always comes from the inside.
    My personal opinion of the American military is they fucked up Iraq, caused massive casualties, committed disgusting war crimes and potentially caused civil war.
    Not exactly a job well done.

Chance from what i have noticed usually people who admire the US are of low education, other than that people are just interested in making money. For example when i graduate, if an American firm offered me a very good contract i'd move to America. There are many things i like about America that are negated for certain reasons.

I have spoken to a few Americans and have got on with them, i think Americans who travel tend to be less arrogant and better educated, hence why i got on with them.

I realise a lot of people don't like Europe and i'd say very many of them have a good reason.

Flop
    I think military aid is primarily an American belief.... and Israel is the recipient of this.

I have excellent knowledge of how nations act as super powers. You are right many do act in terrible ways, however you are wrong because this is not true to every super power. The Persian empire emancipated slaves, gave freedom of religion, compensated the down trodden, developed other states and created the first bill of rights.

So just because they can be bad does not make that the case everytime. Also Europe in the old days is not necassarily Europe of today and i think Europe is definetly the better of the two evils (europe and America).

Chance, if someone invade's your country and you fight them, you are not the bad guy. Invading a country to set up a government is wrong, revolution always comes from the inside.
    My personal opinion of the American military is they fucked up Iraq, caused massive casualties, committed disgusting war crimes and potentially caused civil war.
    Not exactly a job well done.

What disgusting war crimes? You forget that the fight with Iraq actually began over a decade ago when they invaded Kuwait. My personal opinion is that we should have taken care of Saddam then instead of waiting so many years. Constantly see Iraq break the rules set forth at the end of the 1st Iraq war.

You are right revolution usually comes from within but in each one of those cases they were usually helped by an outside force. Example would be the American Revolution. There were attempts to revolt against Saddam and they were met with Chemical Warfare. A lot of people didn't have the same resolve (and rightfully so) when they were faced with that kind of death.

Chance from what i have noticed usually people who admire the US are of low education, other than that people are just interested in making money. For example when i graduate, if an American firm offered me a very good contract i'd move to America. There are many things i like about America that are negated for certain reasons.

The people I worked with when i was over seas where generally all college educated and very intelligent people. Now there are some people of low intelligence that think the same way but there are just as many educated people. Again this is just a small percentage of the worlds population but they come from all over the Globe.

I have spoken to a few Americans and have got on with them, i think Americans who travel tend to be less arrogant and better educated, hence why i got on with them.

I realise a lot of people don't like Europe and i'd say very many of them have a good reason.

Flop
    I think military aid is primarily an American belief.... and Israel is the recipient of this.

Countries from around the world give military aid. The US is one of the most powerful so they are always at the front. Nobody really notices much when other nations give military aid as part of a UN force or a multi-national force (that is not associated with the UN) because the majority of the soldiers are from the US.

I have excellent knowledge of how nations act as super powers. You are right many do act in terrible ways, however you are wrong because this is not true to every super power. The Persian empire emancipated slaves, gave freedom of religion, compensated the down trodden, developed other states and created the first bill of rights.

The Persians did a lot of good but they also conquered and killed a lot of people, hence the term "The Persian Empire". Why is it that when the Persians invaded a country deleloped those states they were good. But when the US/other nations invaded Iraq helped rebuild their infrastructure, helped created a working government (that the people voted on), and helped make it so all the religions/people could participate the US is considered bad in your eyes.

So just because they can be bad does not make that the case everytime. Also Europe in the old days is not necassarily Europe of today and i think Europe is definetly the better of the two evils (europe and America).

Europe has a lot of good people but what makes you say they are better than the US. In addition I personally don't believe either is evil.

war crimes.... the naked pyramid, the torture, humiliation, the girl who was raped and her family burned, falluja in general, torturing people in eastern Europe, Guantanamo bay..... the list is long.

I don't agree with revolution from the outside. It usually is for the worse.

I imagine the people you met would consider it rude to talk down about your nation, if i meet an American i don't criticize their foreign policy, even if i met an israeli i would not, unless ofcourse they brought it up.

I think when other countries military aid it is to stop conflict, America gives military aid to enable conflict, like giving billions to Israel in military hardware. Whereas a multi national force in kosovo was to stop genocide. There is a big difference.

The Persian Empire defeated nations in war but ruled them graciously. Iraq is different because the war was to control natural recource's not to build democracy or develop Iraq.

The term evil does not literally mean evil, it is a saying. I think both can be good but both can be bad and Europe does more good than bad, hence the term the better of two evils.

war crimes.... the naked pyramid, the torture, humiliation, the girl who was raped and her family burned, falluja in general, torturing people in eastern Europe, Guantanamo bay..... the list is long.

the torture, I know making a room cold then hot is so terrible. Don't forget playing Christina Agulara(sorry don't know how to spell her last name) which was listed as torture by some groups. Come on man that is not bad. Guantanamo bay, come on man they were treated better than in their own countries. They can piss on a bible but when the Koran gets set on the top of a toliet that is a crime. Please

I know you are going to bring up waterboarding, which to me should be stopped but i wouldn't call it a war crime.

The girl getting raped is terrible and those soldiers should be put in jail. I have to admit I am not really familiar with this but if it is true then they should be dealt with swiftly.

I don't agree with revolution from the outside. It usually is for the worse.

I imagine the people you met would consider it rude to talk down about your nation, if i meet an American i don't criticize their foreign policy, even if i met an israeli i would not, unless ofcourse they brought it up.

Actually they brought up how they felt about the US without me asking they were the ones that started the conversation. I know it is hard for you to believe but there are educated people around the world that actually like the US and other western countries.

I think when other countries military aid it is to stop conflict, America gives military aid to enable conflict, like giving billions to Israel in military hardware. Whereas a multi national force in kosovo was to stop genocide. There is a big difference.

The majority of the wars that israel has been part of have not been started by Israel. Do they not have a right to defend themselves?

So was the US trying to enable the conflict in Kosovo? You talk as if the US just tries to start wars and never help end them. Yes the US has screwed up in the past, no nation is perfect. But believe it or not the US has done some good and they are not an evil nation out to enable conflict around the globe.

The Persian Empire defeated nations in war but ruled them graciously. Iraq is different because the war was to control natural recource's not to build democracy or develop Iraq.

Where is your proof that Iraq was began just to control natural recources? Remember the US was doing just fine without the oil from Iraq for over a decade. The nations attacked Iraq based on what now looks like faulty intelligence but they all had the same intelligence. On a side note they did find 500 WMDs but they were made before the 1st Iraq war. There were Al Queda training camps in Iraq, they did harbor terrorist including the mastermind behind the first world trader center bombing.

The term evil does not literally mean evil, it is a saying. I think both can be good but both can be bad and Europe does more good than bad, hence the term the better of two evils.