Thread: Some people are afraid Obama might get assasinated

Olympic Champ

Default Some people are afraid Obama might get assasinated

Default Re: Some people are afraid Obama might get assasinated

So true. It was one of the first things my better half (for the 1% of you that haven't heard me say it before - he's African-American) said. I think it's just a natural fear, given the history.
    We always joke that Hillary as his VP could be his best life insurance policy.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

"We always joke that Hillary as his VP could be his best life insurance policy."

That may be a joke, but it's probably pretty true.

I took my mom to the airport this morning and when we were talking about Obama, she mentioned the same thing about him being a target for some ignorant azz out there.

Olympic Champ

Yes and no on this. He does need protection but really, if he were to be elected POTUS he'd be in no more, or less, danger than any other POTUS. Who have people all over the world who'd love to get that notch on their belts.

It can happen, and I suppose he should get a little added protection (and after the recent fiasco I suspect he will), but all of the polarizing public figures are taking a huge risk that some nutjob would want to do them in. Heck, just look at all the invective that is aimed at H. Clinton on a regular basis. Get one person who buys into all of that, and quits taking his/her meds, and you have trouble.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.