Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro-Western TV station in Russia

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Pro-Western TV station in Russia

Stay ignorant on the issue of race, Big. It doesn't affect you--not directly anyway.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Stay ignorant on the issue of race, Big. It doesn't affect you--not directly anyway.

matclone,

In all honesty you missed the point of this thread. The guy I quoted was saying black people should not be allowed to become American Presidents or else all hell will break loose. So you see, he was being racist even by your standards.

It was funny because the guy was Jewish and Jews were discriminated against as well, which I am sure that guy is against.

Olympic Champ

Like I said at the top of the thread, I was relying on an interpreter. Now you're telling me the statement means something other than what I thought it meant.

As for this being a Jewish guy, yeah, he oughto know better.

Olympic Champ

Yeah I know. That guy likes white supremacy whereas you thought he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    Out of curiosity what ahs Iran done to make you hate them?

This will be very interesting.
    Why do you assume I hate Iran?

That's quite presumptuous my friend.

I was intending to point out that Iran is not as pure as freshly fallen snow.

Iran is not an innocent victim (nor is the US, Britian, Russia, Iraq, etc.).

Images like this tend to irk most Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    First, lets' shuck the racist label. There is no objective standard, and the way you use it is to divert our attention from the problem of racism to something personal in which someone takes offense.

Black people can certainly engage in bad behavior and they can hate you for the color of your skin, but to accuse them of racism because they brought up the issue of race (or see Big's example from Russian TV) is to ignore the history and nature of racism. Calling someone names alone, even if unfairly, is not racism. Exerting power over another based on that person's race is.

White people have not been shut out of occupations or other markers of success, or lost their jobs, or walked around in fear for themselves and families, or had policies adverse to their well being made because of their race, or been looked upon with suspicion as they carry out their activities of life.
    This could be an entire thread by itself. You contend that calling names alone is not racism -- only the physical exertion of some sort of power over another based solely on race is racism. I suppose I can agree with that.

I can't agree, though, that whites have never been shut out of occupations or walked around in fear because of their race. Do you remember hearing about the signs in the old immigrant days that said, "Irish need not apply"? Or, how about white folks with dark hair and moustaches who were treated similarly during WWII, because they appeared "German"? They were still white, but because they had red hair, talked different, or had dark hair and a moustache, they were treated differently.

In past threads, you have called other posters racists for saying that the US should strengthen its borders and deport illegal immigrants. IT appears that you don't adhere to your own definitions.

Irish and German aren't races. The examples you give are discriminatory, but not racist.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Olympic Champ

Ben Franklin wrote an essay in or around 1755 decrying the German "invasion" of Pennsylvania (yes, that particular expression of nativism has been around that long) and talking about the "tallow-skinned" Europeans. So, I would say race-based discrimination (in addition to other forms of discrimination such as that against Catholics) has been around a long time, and was probably used against various peoples in the past we might think of as "white" today. But, even if so, I was talking about how racism is manifested today not yesterday.

So, in your opinion:

1. The Jews are the real problem with America
    2. You have a "pet hatred" of doctors
    3. Iran should be able to proceed with nukes, and the US should just stay out of it.

Any other nuggets you'd like to unload on us?

Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    I think the real problem with America is not the black people but the jewish people, they hold too much power and they use American recources to help Israel and create propaganda and hatred against Iran.

They do the same here in Britain, for some reason we can;t arrest Israeli war criminals because there might be resistance but we could let 100 British cops die to catch a muslim terrorist. Also we are one of the few nations that don't criticize Israels illegal bombing of Lebanon, Shame on Britain!!!!!

Jews have too much power.....

Lets not forget the Russian jews who take billions in Russian money then buy expensive things in Britain so the Russians can never take the stolen money back off them. They aquired this money thanks to corruption during the shift from communism to capitalism, like Abramovich.