Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen the end is near

Olympic Champ

I doubt USA will be able to get itself out of this terrible economy. I suspect good times are over for a long time now. The problems began with Regan and his debt and his fear of Soviet Union. Soviet Union gave USA incentives to do well. After its fall USA lost its morale and greed overtook reason. That is how it works my friends.

Can you believe it the government's main hope for economic recovery is the pitiful stimulus package they borrowed from China:

The Fed?s new forecast, however, assumes that growth will be all but stagnant for the first six months of this year before the economy gets a lift in the second half from the economic stimulus package Congress recently passed, as well as from the Fed?s own decisions to lower interest rates sharply.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/21/bu...hp&oref=slogin
    Last edited by JensenS; 02-20-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Default Re: Ladies and gentlemen the end is near

That's it. It's over. The sky is falling. The fat lady is singing. The refrigerator door is closed. Monkeys are flying out of my rectum. It's -40 degree wind chill in Hell.

It's the end of the world as we know it....it's the end of the world as we know it...and Big feels fine.

China is taking over.

Wasn't Japan taking over a few years ago?

Yes double J and America will rule the world forever, in the future the world will just be called America.

Easy with the sarcasm fella!

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by doublej View Post
    Wasn't Japan taking over a few years ago?
    Yes, they were. I remember at work (maybe 10 years ago) going to a mandated motivational speaker, and we're all in the auditorium, and the guy starts talking about how Japan was taking over, and I'm thinking, someone used poor judgment in selecting this one.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Yes, they were. I remember at work (maybe 10 years ago) going to a mandated motivational speaker, and we're all in the auditorium, and the guy starts talking about how Japan was taking over, and I'm thinking, someone used poor judgment in selecting this one.
    A case can be made Japan definitely ruined the supremacy of american automakers in America. Unlike many assumed that competition can make things better, in the case of autos it did not.

Japan is American puppet without a military. A country like China is much different. China is its own entity.

Big,

You are right that China is different. They are a powerhouse both with their economy and their military. However, their economy is still tied to the rest of the world. If the US economy goes south then the rest of the world seems to follow.

Remember folks that economies go through peaks and valleys.